Discussions

XML & Web services: Web Service client - IP or DNS

1. Web Service client - IP or DNS (1 messages)

Hi,

I've generated a web service client in RAD6 which calls a web service on a WAS6 server. However, it can't find the service. The WSDL contains the correct URL which I've tested with SoapUI. I'm able to ping the IP address but when I do a nslookup, it says the DNS server can't find the domain ("non-existent domain"). For some reason my local WAS goes to the DNS server although it knows the IP. Now I'm wondering if this is something I have to somehow take care of on my own server or if it's the server hosting the web service which has a problem.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Lars

Threaded Messages (1)

2. dbs lookup[ Go to top ]

This does NOT indicate a problem with the actual domain name that you are trying to look up.
    It only means that there is no reverse DNS name for the DNS server IP address, which in most cases may not be a problem at all.

To fix this you need to properly configure the reverse zone for the IP address of the DNS server, and make sure that the reverse zone is properly delegated to the server by your IP provider. See the reference article below for more details.

To create a reverse zone in Simple DNS Plus, click the "Records" button, select "New" -> "Zone", select "Reverse Zone...", and follow the prompts.

Liquid XML Editor