Spring Framework 3.1 M2 has been released past week. This new release is the last milestone, and next versions will be tagged as RC.
This new version completes the work started in M1, and adds some new functionalities.
To summarize them we can name:
- Configuring Spring Web MVC application without web.xml (post).
- Cache abstraction has been revised.
- A new "packagesToScan" feature for JPA.
- REST support refinements with respect to URI templates.
- And many more refinements.
In current post I will talk about Java-based container configuration approach to setting up a Spring Web MVC application.
As a reference application we are going to migrate Spring MVC Template Project to 100% Java-based container configuration.
Read Full Post.