Java Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Do you love writing code? Are you a quick thinker, an independent worker, and a creative problem solver? Do you get excited about working with small, fast-paced teams on new technologies? Do you have hands-on experience with SaaS and the open-source software stack? If so, we want to hear from you!
As our new Senior Java Engineer, you’ll be working as part of a top-performing team to deliver high-quality search engine marketing solutions to market. You will be able and expected to work with minimal direction, balance multiple requirements, and coordinate efforts within our engineering team, product management, and QA. All of our offerings are delivered as software as a service via the web. Our technology stack includes the Google AdWords API, Adobe Flex, Python, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and Linux.
As a venture-backed software startup with lofty goals, WordStream offers a challenging and rewarding environment for dedicated engineers. If you think you’ve got what it takes, send us your resume today.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or related field and considerable coding experience)
- Top-notch coding skills
- 3-5 years of experience writing code professionally (preferably SaaS)
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
- Experience with any specific technologies (e.g., Python or Adobe Flex) is not a requirement; we're looking for people with a history of leveraging any technology to create masterpieces.
- Experience working on web analytics applications, search engines, content management systems or other Web publishing systems is a plus.
- Culture fit is important. We are a two-year-old, venture-backed, 35-person company that wants to dominate our market. We work hard, and we want to be successful and make our clients successful.
- Familiarity and experience with the Agile methodology is a plus.
Python, Adobe Flex, Structured Query Language (SQL), Object-Oriented Programming, SQLite, Open-Source software development, Git, Object-Relational Mapping (ORM), Postgres SQL, AJAX, HTML, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Full-time salaried position, with competitive salary.
Position includes equity participation and comprehensive benefits (healthcare, vision and dental).
Flexible hours and an opportunity to work with engineers from across the globe (including Canada, Europe, Japan, and Australia). No travel required.
How to Apply
Send an email to techjobs at wordstream dot com
WordStream provides <a href="search" rel="nofollow">http://www.wordstream.com/search-engine-marketing">search engine marketing</a> tools through <a href="ppc" rel="nofollow">http://www.wordstream.com/ppc-software">ppc software</a>. Our <a href="ppc" rel="nofollow">http://www.wordstream.com/ppc-tools">ppc tools</a>, <a href="adwords" rel="nofollow">http://www.wordstream.com/adwords-keyword-tool">adwords keyword tool</a>,<a href="bing" rel="nofollow">http://www.wordstream.com/bing-keyword-tool">bing keyword tool</a>,<a href="google" rel="nofollow">http://www.wordstream.com/keyword-tool-google">google keyword tool</a> and other <a href="search" rel="nofollow">http://www.wordstream.com/search-marketing-tools">search marketing tools</a> provide users what they need to provide comprehensive <a href="adwordshttp://www.wordstream.com/google-adwords">adwords> campaigns. Our <a href="marketing" rel="nofollow">http://www.wordstream.com/marketing-software">marketing software</a> gives you a nice package of <a href="seohttp://www.wordstream.com/seo">seo> and <a href="sem-consultinghttp://www.wordstream.com/sem-consulting">sem-consulting> in one nice little box.