Discussions

News: Spring:The Art of using GRASP Patterns

1. Spring:The Art of using GRASP Patterns (4 messages)

Spring is one of the most used Java framework, we can learn many intersting things when analyzing it's internal design.

This post go deep inside Spring to discover the internal design. 

2. The usual 'Spring patterns' result in tightly coupled applications which are clumsy and hard to test. See e.g. http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=63160 . Spring is obsolete.  Their marketing machinery obviously is still working, though.

3. Maybe you are right, but the goal of this article is to analyze the inside of Spring framework, and not it's use by other projects, for example Spring didnt use DI for its implemntation.

And concerning DI,  it's true that's  a subject of debate, and personally I use it in may projects, maybe I have to do more research concerning this mechanism :)

4. There is nothing in the discussion you refer that proves that Spring and/or DI "fosters tight coupling between components".

You were asked a question that was well suited to prove you point if you had a good case.

Instead of answering it you gave some fairly obvious suggestions for slight improvements that had nothing to do with Spring or DI.

I can hardly believe that you dear link to it as if it supports your case.

5. Spring is one of the most used Java framework, we can learn many intersting things when analyzing it's internal design.

This post go deep inside Spring to discover the internal design

Well, the post uses Spring as an excuse to discover JavaDepend