ICEfaces is an open-source Rich Internet Application (RIA) development framework based on the JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2 standard. ICEfaces extends JSF2 to simplify development and enhance the standard JSF feature set - simultaneously improving developer efficiency and expanding the spectrum of RIA capabilities that can be included in any JSF-based web application.
- The ACE Components now include over 40 components, including an industry-leading new ace:dataTable, support for jQueryUI ThemeRoller themes, and a flexible new ace:ajax tag for client-event support.
- The all-new ICEfaces Showcase sample application includes comprehensive demos for the both ACE and ICE Components, including visible source code and links to related component documentation.
- ICEfaces now supports the Apache MyFaces JSF runtime, suitable for use on older JEE5 application servers.
- ICEfaces core enhancements for Window Scope, Delta-Submit, messagePersistence, and mandatoryResource configuration.
- The ICEfaces Documentation Wiki has been extensively updated and expanded to provide a clearer path to getting started with ICEfaces, and a greater depth of material for the Core Configurations and ACE Components.
- ICEfaces is now distributed under the Apache 2.0 open-source license (previous releases were under the MPL 1.1 license).
- Over 300 other enhancements, improvements, and bug fixes!
ICEfaces 3.0 is available for download in the following formats:
- Binary and source-code bundles.
- Maven Repository.
- SVN repository checkout.
IDE integration bundles are available for:
- Eclipse 3.6, 3.7
- NetBeans 7.0, 7.1