Earlier this week, I wrote up a bit on SearchSOA.com about the upcoming CamelOne event. This is a great event for anyone interested in enterprise application integration. It's going to be in Boston on May 15-16. The SearchSOA.com article covers a lot of the basics and focuses on the gamification and CERN presentations at CamelOne. What it doesn't go into are the sessions aimed at Java developers. There are three in particular that I'm excited about checking out.

Christian Muller is going to present a session on Apache Camel in action. This will be an advanced session that gets into the nitty-gritty of transaction management, working with Camel routes in runtime, and more. He'll also be answering basic questions about Java versus XML and when to go with multiple camel contexts.

Rob Terpilowski will explain how to build a reliable messaging service in an unreliable world. Based on his experience as lead Java developer at Lynden Inc, Terpilowski will explore the ins and outs of ActiveMQ when it comes to making various systems converse in a constructive way. If you can make it to CamelOne, you'll want to check out his session and  find out how Lynden Inc was able to overcome the challenges involved with spotty Wi-Fi connections in remote Alaskan locations as well as bringing together Java server-side applications, legacy basic applications, and embedded C# applications.

Last but not least, Robin Howlett is going to demonstrate how to integrate and develop scalable distributed apps with Amazon Web Service (AWS) components and the AWS Java SDK. In keeping with the over arching theme of CamelOne, he'll be using Apache Camel tools to build Java applications that work with AWS Elastic Beanstalk and other PaaS tools.

I'm excited to get in there in mid-May and get talking with these three speakers and others from the Java community that are working with enterprise integration efforts. If you've read this far, I'm assuming that you're fairly interested in open source enterprise integration, too. So if you were at CamelOne, which sessions would you be looking at? What questions would you want to ask? And who would you want to talk to?