Deployment of ejb in weblogic 5.1

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Deployment of ejb in weblogic 5.1

1. Deployment of ejb in weblogic 5.1 (5 messages)

hi,
    I am trying to deploy enterprise javabeans in weblogic server5.1. I could able to deploy thru weblogic deployer tool. But when I run the client, I am getting problem.
    (JNDI look up). How to specify that? what all the files need in jar file? If I give the following command,

java weblogic.ejbc sample.jar sample1.jar

I am getting one error."Unable to load a class required by your ejb.(sample.sampleHome). what does it mean???
    can any one help me???
    Thanks in advance.

regards
    murali.

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Hi

What I have understood from this mail is that you have just started learning EJB.

Minimum requirements for an EJB is the Home Interface, Remote Interface and Implementation class. We also must provide a deployment Descriptor.

Once this step is over, you have to generate a Serialized version of the Deployment descriptor using an Utility provided by the weblogic , which is called DDCreator.

The next step is to create the Stubs/ skeletons and other implementation classes using the ejbc compiler. The input to this ejbc compiler is the Serialized file generated in step-2.

To deploy the bean, you can iuse the ser file generated in step 2 or you have to create a jar file where in the Manifest file you have to specify that it is an EJB.

Please gop through the set of examples provided by Weblogic in the examples diredctory. It can also be downloaded from weblogic.com

suresh

3. Suresh,
    what you described is good for WLS4.5.1. The question of deployment seems to be related to WLS5.1, wherein the deployment has changed completely.
    Breifly stating:
    1) Create XML DD.
    2) put them in META-INF directory
    3) jar your RemoteInterface, HomeInterface, the Bean class and the META-INF dir.
    4) provide this jar file as an input to ejbc compiler
    5) ejbc would provide you a deployable jar file.
    Bhavesh Bhammar
  4. hi ,
    Thank you . I could able to deploy sample bean. If I wanted to access that bean from jsp, where I have to keep my jsp file?????
    Thanks.

regards
    murali
  5. keep the jsp file in the public_html directory (i.e. document root directory).
  6. Deployment of ejb in weblogic 5.1[ Go to top ]

hai Bhavesh Bhammar ,
    Could u provide me the tutorial or book that covers all these steps using weblogic5.1.,
    1) Create XML DD.
    2) put them in META-INF directory
    3) jar your RemoteInterface, HomeInterface, the Bean class and the META-INF dir.
    4) provide this jar file as an input to ejbc compiler
    5) ejbc would provide you a deployable jar file.

I would greatly appreciate u'r help.....
    Thanks in advance......