Discussions

Performance and scalability: What about Enfinity as an application server?

1. What about Enfinity as an application server? (3 messages)

I have experience is working with weblogic and then Jboss.For quite sometime i am working on enfinity for developing an e-commerce solution.I find it too very integrated,scalable and robust solution.Its power tier tier architecture provides a very user friendly interface for entity beans.What do you think about it?
  2. Your ar mixing together to diferent things.
    Enfinity is a powerfull tool for development and deployment of e-commerce site because it use a proprietary logic to map oracle tables an products attributes. Yes, you can customize your product with piplets (adapted java class) and sockets. It does not allow for the use of EJB simply because proprietary logic is not compatible with this arquitecture. Keep in mind, Enfinity is a proprietary tool for deployment and development of e-commerce site, NOT a application server, NOT a web serve and NOT a Java Development Tool.

Rodolfo
  3. You are mixing together to diferent things.
    Enfinity is a powerfull tool for development and deployment of e-commerce site because it uses a proprietary logic to map oracle tables to products attributes. Yes, you can customize your product with pipelets ("special" java class) and enterprise sockets. It does not allow for the use of EJB, simply because its proprietary logic is not compatible with this arquitecture. Keep in mind, Enfinity is a proprietary tool for deployment and development of e-commerce site, NOT a application server, NOT a web server and NOT a Java Development Tool.

Rodolfo
  4. Thanks.

I think you made a very valid point. I am working on it and enjoying it also but you are right when you said that it is a proprietary tool for deployment and development of e-commerce site.