Aspose Newsletter for March 2013 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows adding SmartArt shapes with Aspose.Slides for Java & migration tip for linking Tasks with VSTO or Aspose.Tasks. The video tutorial shows creating charts with Aspose.Cells for Java & ComponentSource Top Five Awards for Aspose.
Just under three years ago, Aspose celebrated 100,000 registered users. We were delighted to have such a large and active community. Now, we’re getting very close to doubling that number. Like last time, we’ll celebrate this milestone with a great prize for user number 200,000. We’re also giving our users another 19 prizes. Every day takes us closer to reaching 200,000 registered users and we expect to announce the winner in the next newsletter. Thank you to everyone in our community for your support and feedback. In January, we ran a sweepstake where the prize was a Developer Small Business license for Aspose.Diagram, Aspose.OCR and Aspose.Imaging. The winner was Enrico Keil, of Keil IT, a German company that provides a variety of IT solutions to their customers. They also design BarcodeOCR, software that automates barcode reading and document processing. Congratulations Enrico! more details: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-total-product-family/archive/2013/02/08/getting-close-to-200000-registered-users-will-it-be-you.html
Aspose Receives ComponentSource Top Five Awards
ComponentsSource is a leading online software vendor. Every year, they put together a list of the best selling companies and products that they work with. There are two categories: Bestselling Publisher Awards, and Bestselling Product Awards. Aspose placed in both categories and collected several awards. Find out more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/?p=9169
Product Spotlight – Aspose.Cells
Aspose.Cells helps developers work with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets on a number of platforms: on .NET and Java, Aspose.Cells give developers full control over spreadsheet documents, their formatting, content and structure. On SharePoint, it lets users convert documents between different Excel, spreadsheet and data file formats. On Reporting Services and JasperReports, Aspose.Cells extends the native file format support to enable the export of reports, complete with charts, to Excel and other spreadsheet formats. Find out more about Aspose.Cells Product Family: http://www.aspose.com/excel-component-suite.aspx
Technical Article – Adding SmartArt Shapes with Aspose.Slides for Java
Microsoft PowerPoint SmartArt lets users add complex graphics, like org charts and process flows. Aspose.Cells for Java supports SmartArt so that developers can access and work with SmartArt in their applications. The starting point is to add SmartArt shapes to a slide. Click below to read the complete article: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesjava/Add+and+Access+a+SmartArt+Shape
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx - supports loading Excel files with list data validation, and click events for drawing objects and shapes.
- Aspose.Words for .NET 13.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - we’ve changed how we number Aspose.Words: the version number now indicates the year and month of the release.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx - support for setting image properties for TIFFs, setting category axis text rotation angle and interval unit and more.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx – support for MicroPdf417 and a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 5.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx – support for task usage, resource and resource usage views, and fixes and enhancements.
- Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Words for Java 13.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx - we’ve changed how we number Aspose.Words: the version number now indicates the year and month of the release.
- Aspose.BarCode for Java 5.3.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.barcode-for-java/default.aspx – support for SwissPost Parcel and ECC barcodes, DataMatrix with error correction and a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Email for Java 2.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.email-for-java/default.aspx – a number of fixes that improves PST handling.
- Aspose.Imaging for Java 1.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.imaging-for-java/default.aspx – adds support TIFF and export to compressed TIFF and improved GIF support.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.total-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.6.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.pdf-for-sharepoint/default.aspx - fixes an issue with PDF conversion.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.BarCode for SSRS 5.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.barcode-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - fixes that improves checksum handling.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
Tutorial Video – Creating Charts with Aspose.Cells for Java
Charts help visualize data and are used extensively to summarize the information in spreadsheets. Aspose.Cells for Java lets you create charts in workbooks so that you can produce easy to understand and informative reports or models. This month’s video tutorial steps you through the process. Click below to watch the Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZVLR5Zq1bY
Migration Tip – Linking Tasks with VSTO or Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Tasks in Microsoft Project files often depend on other tasks – they are linked. There are different ways of programming with Microsoft Project files: you can link tasks using VSTO, for example. Or you can use Aspose.Tasks which lets you create, link and read tasks independently of Microsoft Office Automation. We compare the two techniques. Read the complete migration tip here: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Adding+Links+for+Tasks
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, January 2013 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2013/03/01/aspose-newsletter-march-2013.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066