Dear Spring Community,
we are happy to announce the next major release of our Eclipse-based tooling today: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.2.0 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.2.0.
Highlights from this release include:
- Eclipse Juno SR2 updates (including Mylyn, EGit, m2e, m2e-wtp)
- added support for high-res displays on Mac OSX
- updated bundled tc Server to 2.8.2
- major performance improvements for working with Spring projects
- major improvements to the Live Spring Beans Graph
- added support for Spring Integration 2.2
- updated to include Groovy 2.0.7 and Grails 2.2.1 (Groovy 2.1 is available from the dashboard)
We continue to ship distributions both on top of Eclipse 3.8 and Eclipse 4.2. While the 4.2 stream of Eclipse has improved a lot in the Eclipse Juno SR2 release, we still recommend using the 3.8-based version for optimal performance and stability.
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite: http://www.springsource.org/sts
- Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: http://grails.org/products/ggts
Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.2.0 New & Noteworthy.
Updates from STS/GGTS 3.0.0 and 3.1.0 are available through the automatic "Check for Updates". Users of STS 2.9.x (or older) should start with a fresh installation of STS/GGTS 3.2.0.
The next version 3.3.0 is scheduled to arrive in July 2013, shortly after the Eclipse Kepler (4.3) release. Also watch out for milestone builds of 3.3.0 if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest developments.