Summary: With this guide, you can smoothly import and edit GoPro HD (Hero2, Hero3) Footage in Adobe Premiere Pro(CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6) by transcoding/converting GoPro .mp4 to Premiere Pro compatible WMV or MPEG-2 video. GoPro video cameras- Surf Hero, Hero 960, HD Hero 2, HD Hero 3, etc are familiar with everyone whoever has passion for outdoor activities. The point here, you will find it a painful experience to import and edit GoPro HD MP4 movies with Adobe Premiere Pro software. There’re some frequently asked questions quoted as below. Q1: only as the sound but no vision I have several hours of footage taken with a GoPro HD Hero3 at 720p 60fps (mp4) and am trying to create my first movie, but frustratingly they show up only as the sound but no vision when I import these MP4 files to Adobe Premier Pro CS6? Q2: rendering video problem I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and I got some experience with it. I started with importing the video material(1280x720 60FPS) from my GoPro HD Hero2 Camera. While editing I obviously used the video preview window to see the result of my editing and the video quality was fine! Time to render. After the rendering process was done the video quality turned out really bad! I can't figure out what I’m doing wrong! As you know Gopro records MP4 videos, but it seems Adobe Premiere Pro(including the recent Premier Pro CS6) does not like the way. The file type is a compressed output format, but not ideal for editing in NLE system. To solve those problems, the quick workaround is to transcode MP4 files to Premiere Pro natively supported formats (MPG/WMV/MOV are highly recommended). Along with some help from third-party software, it can be done effortlessly. Here I share a simple guide on how to convert GoPro HD MP4 files for Adobe Premier Pro editing smoothly. If you’re facing the issues, read on to find the answer. Downloading the App- Brorsoft Video Converter Overall, the program is the best Video Converter for GoPro HD footage. With this Gopro video converter, you can effortlessly transcode Gopro MP4 to MPEG-2 or MOV, which will create an Adobe Premiere friendly file format keeping the Gopro orginal quality. Besides Premiere, this software can also export DNxHD for Avid, MPEG-2 for Sony Vegas, Premiere Element, AVI for Pinnacle Studio and more NLE systems for native editing. For Mac users, Video Converter Mac is the alternative choice. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done. Convert/Import GoPro HD Hero2/Hero3 MP4 files to Premiere Pro Step 1: Add Gopro MP4 video files Install and launch the GoPro HD MP4 converter and load source MP4 clips to it. Step 2: Choose output format Click "Format" pull down list to select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as the best video format for Premiere Pro. WMV, MOV formats are the good choice as well. Tip - Profile Settings: In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click "Settings" button and enter "Profile Settings" panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels. Step 3: Start GoPro MP4 video conversion Click "Convert" button to start encoding Gopro HD MP4 video to MPG/MOV/WMV for importing to Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS6. When the conversion task is finished, click "Open" button to get the exported files and then import the converted GoPro MP4 files into Adobe Premiere Pro to do further editing [quote] http://jacknjchn.tumblr.com/post/51038778674/gopro-to-premiere-how-to-get-adobe-premiere-pro-to-work [/quote]