What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.5.1 has been released. In this release, we supported inserting pictures based on cell references in a worksheet. The data in the picture is reflected accordingly when you update the source cells range. You can now also detect a category number’s formatting type via the Cell.getNumberCategoryType() method. We have fixed an issue regarding JDK1.7 versions for chart to image, sheet to image and Excel to PDF rendering. Several other important issues and exceptions have been addressed. For example, issues around Microsoft Excel file formats (reading/writing), rendering PivotTables, rendering charts, manipulating worksheets and rendering to PDF format have been resolved. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Insert a picture based on cell reference
- Detect category type of cell's number formatting
- Cell type returns numeric even if it's a String
- Chart legend text overlapping is fixed
- Pivot table’s refresh problem is resolved when Excel has special characters (other language)
- Excel has unreadable content after refreshing PivotTable and re-saved file is fixed
- URLs in the Excel file are altered in the generated PDF
- Issue with passing in empty value into a Chart Series is resolved
- Chart to Image Quality is now improved
- Refreshing the PivotTable issue is resolved
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Converting Excel to PDF Files: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Generate+a+Thumbnail+Image+of+a+Worksheet
- Insert a Picture based on Cell Reference: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Insert+a+Picture+based+on+Cell+Reference
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.
More about Aspose.Cells for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/excel-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Home
- Demos of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/demos/java-components/aspose.cells/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Cells for Java Forum:
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Cells for Java blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.cells-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066