What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.0.1 has been released. Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features in this month’s release. Aspose.Cells for Java provided memory optimization settings for newly created worksheets by exposing the setMemorySetting method for the Workbook.Settings class. The previously provided approach was useful for minimizing the overall memory cost while working with existing large Excel spreadsheets containing huge data sets. With this release, we have enhanced this feature for existing worksheets by exposing a similar property for the Cells class. Now you may use setMemorySetting method provided by the Cells class to cope with the memory issues for situations where large data sets have to be built in memory. The setMemorySetting method accepts a parameter of type MemorySetting with the default value NORMAL. In order to properly utilize this newly introduced feature, memory optimization settings have to be explicitly specified for existing worksheets. Please check the detailed technical article on how to optimize the memory while working with large data sets.
The Aspose.Cells for Java API has enhanced the licensing mechanism with the release of 8.0.1. Now when a license file name is passed to the License.setLicense method without specifying in which directory it resides, the API will search for the license in the same folder that the Aspose.Cells Jar is in. This enhancement was made in order to meet the standards set by Aspose components. We have also enhanced the CellsException class to identify potentially damaged or corrupted files when loaded with the Workbook constructor. Previously, the API could load any corrupted file but would sometimes throw an error when saving it after performing manipulation. With the new enhancements integrated, Aspose.Cells for Java API now throws an error of type CellsException whenever it encounters a damaged file. Aspose.Cells for Java 8.0.1 has provided fix for several important issues, such as a couple of problems related to the PDF rendering engine, rendering & manipulating charts, retrieving & removing OleObjects. Last but not least, we have just integrated an overhaul of our existing formula engine which improves the overall performance as well as the accuracy of results when working with Excel formulas. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Search license according to cells jar or application jar's position
- How to identify corrupt excel file (2007)
- .PPT converted to empty Pdf by Aspose.Cells
- Missing characters resolved when converting from XLSX to PDF
- Calculation formulas
- OleObjectCollection.removeAt() now properly remove the OLE object
- Text is grabbling fixed in resultant PDF when text overflows a cell
- Memory issues are resolved when using Aspose.Cells
- Picture format changes to default values after opening and saving xlsm file
- setCreateCalcChain(true) – Cells are now updated
- Border and wrap text issue is fixed
- Legend of chart and title of Y axis are now corrected in the output image
- hashCode calculation issues are fixed and does match for the cells
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Optimizing Memory Usage while Working with Big Files having Large Datasets: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Optimizing+Memory+usage+while+working+with+Big+Files+having+large+Datasets
- Format Pivot Table Cells: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Format+Pivot+Table+Cells
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.
- Homepage of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/excel-component.aspx?utm_source=ablog&utm_medium=sher&utm_campaign=smt
- Download Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Home
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066