What's New in this Release?
We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 6.7.0. This month’s release provides users with the capability to render sub-tasks based on the parent summary task. If you have any feedback, you are more than welcome to write to us over Aspose.Tasks forum. We’ll be glad to address these and assist you. The last version of Aspose.Tasks for Java 6.6.0 had the capability to read the “IsExpanded” property of a Summary task but this information was never used to determine the rendering of sub-tasks to output when rendering a Project document. Microsoft Project, however, retains the information available in this property and renders the sub-tasks only when the parent task is in expanded form. With this month’s release, Aspose.Tasks Java API now takes into account this information and renders the sub-tasks to output only if the parent summary task is in expanded form. If the IsExpanded property is set to true, the sub-tasks will be rendered to output and vice versa. This month’s release also fixes a number of issues that were found and reported with the previous version of Aspose.Tasks. These include issues related to wrong split task count reading, project’s calendar reading and Work Type resources. This further aids to the value of the API and brings improvement to the overall functionality. Below is the complete list of new features and important bug fixes included in this release.
- Provide the facility to print expanded/non-expanded summaries only
- Task.Calendar returns ParentProject.Calendar when must be null is now fixed
- Non Work Type resources cause task duration to ZERO is now fixed
- Wrong SplitTask count is read is now fixed
- Read view data from mpp 2013, 2010, 2007 and 2003
- Read specific gantt chart view data for 2003 file format.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Microsoft Project MPP File Update: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksjava/Microsoft+Project+MPP+File+Update
- Reading Table Data from MPP files: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksjava/Reading+Table+Data+from+MPP+files
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for Java
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.
More about Aspose.Tasks for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/project-management-component.aspx
- Download of Aspose.Tasks for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.tasks-for-java/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066