EJB Deployment errors

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting:  EJB Deployment errors

1.  EJB Deployment errors (3 messages)

I am using Weblogic server 6.0 and Borland JBuilder as IDE.

I was able to successully compile my project and a jar file is also created with out any problem, However running EJBC on the jar file is throwing the following errors..
    "asmsain.ejbgrp": D:\jbuilder5\jdk1.3\bin\javaw -classpath "D:\project\asmsain\5_5\ain\classes;D:\bea\wlserver6.0\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;D:\bea\wlserver6.0\lib\weblogic.jar;D:\orant\jdbc\lib\classes111.zip;D:\jbuilder5\jdk1.3\demo\jfc\Java2D\Java2Demo.jar;D:\jbuilder5\jdk1.3\jre\lib\i18n.jar;D:\jbuilder5\jdk1.3\jre\lib\jaws.jar;D:\jbuilder5\jdk1.3\jre\lib\rt.jar;D:\jbuilder5\jdk1.3\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;D:\jbuilder5\jdk1.3\lib\dt.jar;D:\jbuilder5\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar" weblogic.ejbc -keepgenerated -compiler D:/jbuilder5/bin/bcjW D:/project/asmsain/5_5/ain/asmsain.jar.jar D:/project/asmsain/5_5/ain/asmsain.jar

"asmsain.ejbgrp": Spaces in the temporary directory path may cause WebLogic EJBC utility to produce fatal compile errors.
    "asmsain.ejbgrp": <Sep 5, 2001 4:06:11 PM EDT> <Error> <EJB> <EJB Deployment: Ain_LogEJB has a class com.telcordia.asmsain.ejb.service.Ain_LogEJB which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar file.>
    "asmsain.ejbgrp": <Sep 5, 2001 4:06:11 PM EDT> <Error> <EJB> <EJB Deployment: Ain_LogEJB has a class com.telcordia.asmsain.ejb.service.Ain_LogHome which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar file.>
    "asmsain.ejbgrp": <Sep 5, 2001 4:06:11 PM EDT> <Error> <EJB> <EJB Deployment: Ain_LogEJB has a class com.telcordia.asmsain.ejb.service.Ain_Log which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar file.>
    "asmsain.ejbgrp": <Sep 5, 2001 4:06:12 PM EDT> <Error> <EJB> <EJB Deployment: ServicePlanUpdateEJB has a class com.telcordia.asmsain.ejb.service.ServicePlanUpdateEJB which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar file.>
    "asmsain.ejbgrp": <Sep 5, 2001 4:06:12 PM EDT> <Error> <EJB> <EJB Deployment: ServicePlanUpdateEJB has a class com.telcordia.asmsain.ejb.service.ServicePlanUpdateHome which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar file.>
    "asmsain.ejbgrp": <Sep 5, 2001 4:06:12 PM EDT> <Error> <EJB> <EJB Deployment: ServicePlanUpdateEJB has a class com.telcordia.asmsain.ejb.service.ServicePlanUpdate which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar file.>
    "asmsain.ejbgrp": ERROR: Error from ejbc: ERROR: The classes which ejbc generated from your home and remote interfaces cannot be loaded. Please ensure that you have set the -d option to a writeable directory.
    "asmsain.ejbgrp": ERROR: ejbc found errors

I think it is some minor problem with the classpath, but I am not able to figure it out.

Thanks in advance...

Threaded Messages (3)

2.  EJB Deployment errors[ Go to top ]

there might be multiple classes in the classpath that you have set . Its better you keep only one copy of the classfiles and to load them in the weblogic client-classes and set the classpath to that directory. Also remove all the other working directory from the classpath.

please check your ejb-jar.xml files to see if the package name is correct the errors seem to be refering to them.
  3.  EJB Deployment errors[ Go to top ]

I have the same error message. Have you resolved it yet?
    If so, please be kind to post the solution.

Regards,
  4.  EJB Deployment errors[ Go to top ]

I cleaned up the Project and re-created everything..and magically... it worked !!