Diff Web Server and App Server

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Diff Web Server and App Server

1. Diff Web Server and App Server (5 messages)

I want to use IIS as the web server and Weblogic as App server. how do I pass the Request to the App server thru IIS. (of course, I want to retain the Request objects :))

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Diff Web Server and App Server[ Go to top ]

Hi,
    First Configure the App Server 2 work with Web Server.
    Then U can work without any problem
  3. Diff Web Server and App Server[ Go to top ]

well, you should follow the wls documentation to do it. It's quite easy. Mainly, IIS will work at proxy for "jsp" and "servlet" Request.

Follow I send you an extract of the configuration that is working in my site right now.
  4. Diff Web Server and App Server[ Go to top ]

Thnx for all the suggestions folks!!

But if i were to abstract the problem further or twist it as you may say, How can ANY other web server( not only IIS)be used and Weblogic as App server...
  5. Diff Web Server and App Server[ Go to top ]

Hi,

well, you should follow the wls documentation to do it. It's quite easy. Mainly, IIS will work at proxy for "jsp" and "servlet" Request.

Follow I send you an extract of the configuration that is working in my site right now.

1) Open IIS manager console, then open the "Properties" window of the web site you want to use. Now go to "Private Directory" subwindow and click the "Configuration" button.

2) In the openend window and the extensions "jsp" and "jhtml" and as "Programm" select "iisproxy.dll" from your wls instalation.

3) Add a new file called iisproxy.ini in your "bin" wls instalation with this rows:

WebLogicHost=wls_machine_ip
    WebLogicPort=wls_port
    ConnectTimeoutSecs=30
    ConnectRetrySecs=5

The wls_machine_ip can be the same as your IIS machine or another one.

4) It should work fine.

Now, this only works for jsp. If you want to proxy "servlets" too. You must do a bit more work. I recommend you the wls documentation 'cause it will be a piece of cake after you do the jsp/proxy task.

Good Luck!!!

Jesus.
  6. Diff Web Server and App Server[ Go to top ]