HELPFUL SUGGESTION: Need a printer friendly link

Discussions

TSS feedback: HELPFUL SUGGESTION: Need a printer friendly link

1. HELPFUL SUGGESTION: Need a printer friendly link (6 messages)

Hi floyd

May i suggest that you implement a printer friendly version link on each of the pages of the site. What this will do will strip out all the side menu bars that always mess up printing. This will be very useful on the discussions and the reviews section.

Sun do this all over the Javasoft site and is it so simple to implement.
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into what it would take to implement this.

Floyd
  3. Hi,
    Pls.suggest me the way to implement a printer friendly version link on each of the pages of the site.

Abdulla
  4. On each pages of which site Abdulla, TheServerSide?
  5. Hi,
     I just wanna to know the way to implement printer friendly version of any site.

Abdulla
  6. Simple or at least it should be

I am presuming that the serverside.com pages are made up of html components

for example the TOP navigation, the LEFT navigation and this bit the middle. Then when the page are build the jsp merely includs the bits it wants.

The problem with printing these pages is that the left hand nav will offset the printing so that the middle bit (the bit you want) is off the page. so all you have to do to implement the printer friendly page is to not include the LEFT hand nav when the jsp page is built.

simple. provided they are using this component model.
  7. In our case Peter, it is not that simple (not using that model), but it is doable, and I will have it added to our list of feature adds.

Floyd