Message ordering.

Discussions

TSS feedback: Message ordering.

1. Message ordering. (4 messages)

Hello again,

Another suggestion. I use another unrelated forum in which the posted messages are sorted on "last active" message, this means that messages are "dumped" up to the top of the list if someone posts a message in that thread. I like this method as it keeps "hot topics" at the top, and old topics just fade away into silence... :)

Just a thought.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Message ordering.[ Go to top ]

Eric,

There are pro's and con's to both approaches, however we are planning on adding the ability for a user to choose how the forums get listed.

thanks,

Floyd
  3. Message ordering.[ Go to top ]

i think its not a good idea... If someone post a message and noone answers him... he will be "fade away into silence"...

Another suggestion... what about using a Tree-Like browser for selecting message to view...

Thx a lot, Floyd, for all your work on this site

Olivier
  4. Message ordering.[ Go to top ]

Olivier,

I think you miss the point that this is a FORUM, not a help centre! Anyway, if someone posts a message and no one replies the message will move down the list and "fade away into silence" as I have mentioned, BUT if this person replies to his or her own post the message will be "dumped" back up to the TOP of the list for everyone to see (again).

This ordering idea is FAR better than what is in place now, because a popular thread (post) will be kept at the top for everyone to see and to participate in, which encourages more discussions rather than just constantly answering questions!

re.
  5. test[ Go to top ]

[code]
    public class {
        // some comments
    }
    [/code]
    skip
    <code>
    public class {
        // some comments
    }