Difference between remote interface and local interface ?

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Difference between remote interface and local interface ?

1. Hello all:
      I understand difference between remote interface and local interface in EJB.whether i need write both remote interface and local interface in my EJB program.

Thank you.
  2. Hi,

Its not necessary to write Both Local and Remote Interfaces.
    If your aplication is using both intranet and remote access then you can code for both theinterfaces, else it is not necessary.

Sathish
  3. Hi,

Its not necessary to write Both Local and Remote Interfaces. You can code both the interfaces but the problem is that the implementation of local is not yet provided by weblogic 6.0 so even if u code, it will throw u an error while deploying the bean.
    Cheers.
    Manish.
  4. Manish,

Local interface is supported on Version 6.1. I am currently using it. So far, I don't see a lot of different on the performance. Maybe, it will be faster on a heavy load situation. By the way, you may have a hard-time to find any documents on how to use local interface under weblogic 6.1. I was having a problem on the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml file. When I ran a ejbc, it complained about the jndi local name, however, I could not find anything on the 6.1 documentation. Well, i figured it out by looking at the DTD.

Good luck.
    tony
  5. I've always found the best source of information in Weblogic is the examples. Finding stuff in the documentation is like finding the needle in the haystack.

For local interfaces, there is a directory 'bands' under the EJB20 directory, which has some examples.

Cheers,
    Rick