- Posted by: jagjeevan nimoji
- Posted on: October 20 2001 07:44 EDT
i want to know is it possible to bind JVM to a CPU
in a multiprocessor machines
- is it possible to bind a JVM to a CPU in multiprocessor machine by Richard Kenyon on October 23 2001 03:12 EDT
- is it possible to bind a JVM to a CPU in multiprocessor machine by Raymond Zhang on October 31 2001 01:03 EST
- is it possible to bind a JVM to a CPU in multiprocessor machine by Allen Bannon on January 12 2002 20:21 EST
It is definately possible using NT, via Affinity. Not sure about other OS's.
Under Linux, the JVM supports "Green Thread" which is actually one process running on one CPU. I am not too sure whether Linux will swapt the process between CPUs. Otherwise the JVM should be binded consistently to one CPU.
The latest version of JRockit supports parallel garbage collection, which is needed to take a full advantage of multiprocessor systems.