Custom Services in Websphere 4.0

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Custom Services in Websphere 4.0

1. Custom Services in Websphere 4.0 (1 messages)

From the IBM documentation it appears that one can code a service that implements the CustomService interface, configure it with the server and the server will start this service when the server is started. What I am wondering is that the IBM docs state that when initializing a custom service, you shouldn't access JNDI. But if I wanted to bind the service to JNDI, how would I do this? Has anyone used these custom services yet?

Threaded Messages (1)

2. Wait[ Go to top ]

From the IBM documentation it appears that one can code a service that implements the CustomService interface, configure it with the server and the server will start this service when the server is started. What I am wondering is that the IBM docs state that when initializing a custom service, you shouldn't access JNDI. But if I wanted to bind the service to JNDI, how would I do this? Has anyone used these custom services yet?

Hi even iam thinking on the same line,
    what will be the behaviour if i use Wait on the thread for say 5mins, I guess by that time the serve will be on and I can make use of JNDI calls.