I'm starting to feel like TheServerSide spends far too much time talking about Jenkins when it comes to playing the field of continuous integration tools. A quick perusal of TSS coverage in the past would make one think that all competitors were eliminated after Jenkins forked away from the Hudson code base.

Instead of indulging in self-reflection, I'd prefer to point my finger at the folks at CloudBees, especially that Sacha Labourey guy as well as Steven Harris. Both have been good friends to TheServerSide, and they're always willing to offer a quote or do a call, so when something new happens in the world of CI, they're easy accessibility, not to mention the fact that their deep knowledge of the industry makes it more likely than not for an article to include a quote or two from one or both of them.

Most recently, we published a podcast with CloudBees' senior director of product marketing, Dan Juengst, about their latest private SaaS offering. That particular interview was also quoted a few times on TSS, including in some work by freelance writer extraordinaire, Jason Tee.

CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition
Public PaaS and private SaaS offerings accelerate DevOps adoption

The recent Jenkins 2.0 release

Most recently, with our coverage of the latest Jenkins 2.0 release, CloudBee's put TSS in touch with unethical blogger and Jenkins community leader R. Tyler Croy, so even when we try to get some non-vendor insight into Jenkins and CI we seem to fail.

Jenkins 2.0: A drama free, full increment release of the popular CI tool

Anyways, in the near future we're going to try and democratize our coverage of continuous integration and continuous deployment tools just a little bit better. Towards that end, I just got off a call with Alison Huselid, Head of Bamboo, FishEye, and Crucible Business and Sepideh Setayeshfar, Product Marketing Manager, Atlassian, both of whom were eager to share their insights into what's going on in the world of CI, CD and DevOps, and how the latest releases of various Atlassian software tools are impacting the way enterprise applications get developed and deployed.

Jenkins has done some pretty impressive things, and their two-point-oh release shows that the open source community is relentless in improving what is already a great continuous integration tool. But Jenkins isn't the only game in town. I think the TSS readership will see that fact better reflected in the near future.