LATEST EHCACHE brings SnAP-IN Terabyte scale to mainstream applications
Significant Enhancements to Industry’s leading Distributed Caching Solution Result in Unprecedented levels of Scale, Control and Visibility
San Francisco—[July 20, 2010]—Terracotta, a recognized leader in infrastructure software for enterprise application and scalability, today announced the general availability of Ehcache 2.2. This latest version of Ehcache enables customers to store a terabyte of data and hundreds of millions of entries in a single cache. In line with the company’s philosophy of bringing high scale and availability to mainstream developers, the terabyte capability is available out of the box and does not require application code changes. It can be turned on with two simple lines of configuration in Ehcache. Ehcache 2.2 also features a new management console that simplifies application scale and helps improve performance by enhancing visibility and control for developers and operators.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Application scale and performance has become a front and center concern for most companies. Unfortunately, existing approaches to scale are expensive, complex and do not translate well across emerging deployment environments such as public or private clouds. Customers that deploy Ehcache find that not only can they achieve terabyte scale in a simple and non-disruptive manner, but they can also seamlessly scale from a single computer to large virtualized data center environments and private clouds.
“With Ehcache 2.2, tens of thousands of mainstream applications in the Global 2000 that use Ehcache or Hibernate can now snap in the ability to scale their data to terabyte levels,” said Amit Pandey, CEO of Terracotta. “To achieve this kind of scale out of the box, with so little effort, is unprecedented and has been received with tremendous enthusiasm by our community and customers.”
Ehcache 2.2 is available for download immediately and contains the following enhancements:
- Scale and Performance—New storage option for Ehcache that supports terabyte scale, radically decreases memory usage and increases the addressable cache size tenfold.
- Authentication and Authorization—Added Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS) support provides LDAP authentication support for tight integration to corporate user management systems.
- Visibility and Control—Simplified and improved management console with new and updated control panels for Ehcache, Quartz Scheduler and Web Sessions, for application visibility and control; plus a new consolidated view of cluster-wide events to allow operators to identify problem nodes, as well as diagnose errors and performance problems.
- Improved Multi-Data Center Support—Customizable support for cache replication between clusters in disparate geographic areas provides ideal solutions for data availability and disaster recovery across WANs (Wide Area Networks).
- New Common Runtime Library—Reduces memory usage and network connections and provides new common developer constructs; it also exposes an API that programmers can use alongside the Ehcache API to perform complex inter-process coordination tasks across multiple machines with just a few lines of code.
Ehcache 2.2 is available immediately for download at www.terracotta.org.
About Terracotta, Inc.
Terracotta's software products provide snap-in performance and scale for enterprise applications. A recognized leader in distributed caching, Terracotta is at the forefront of making this powerful technology more widely applicable and easier to deploy and manage. Our flagship product, Enterprise Ehcache, extends the capabilities of Ehcache, the de facto caching standard for enterprise Java and the default cache for Hibernate, Grails, Cold Fusion and other leading Java frameworks. With more than 250,000 enterprise deployments, including the majority of the Fortune 2000, Terracotta is behind some of the most widely used software for application scalability, availability and performance. For more information, see www.terracotta.org.