is an installer that greatly simplifies the installation of JRuby and its runtime dependencies. BitNami JRubyStack includes ready-to-run versions of JRuby, Tomcat, GlassFish gem, Rails, Java, MySQL and Subversion.
With JRubyStack you can:
- Develop your JRuby on Rails application using Java from Ruby.
- Launch your application with the GlassFish server thanks to the GlassFish gem.
- Make a .war file out of your application in 3 simple steps (see Quick Start Guide for details).
- Deploy it to the bundled Tomcat.
- Commit and Checkout your code with the subversion client.
JRuby is a 100% Java implementation of the Ruby programming language. It is Ruby for the JVM. JRuby provides a complete set of core "builtin" classes and syntax for the Ruby language, as well as most of the Ruby Standard Libraries.
BitNami JRubyStack ships with the following:
- GlassFish gem
- Warbler gem
- Apache Tomcat
BitNami JRubyStack is distributed for free under the Apache 2.0 license and has been packaged using BitRock's multiplatform installer. Bitnami Stacks
won't interfere with any software already installed on your system and are available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.