Today we are pleased to announce that the Beta of the upcoming JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 is available and can be downloaded here (http://www.redhat.com/promo/eap6beta). This new release is a major milestone as Red Hat continues it’s leadership in Application Servers and Cloud Computing. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 will be generally available to our subscribers later this spring and is based upon the highly successful JBoss AS7 Community project. JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 has been designed to help customers Ease Into Cloud and boasts the following benefits.
- Cloud Ready Architecture – JBoss created Enterprise Application Platform 6 with the Cloud in mind from the very beginning. Based upon the first Java EE server embedded in a PaaS, the JBoss team understands what it takes to deliver enterprise capabilities everywhere. This is supported by the following new features:
- An updated modular architecture greatly simplifying the effort in slimming and tuning your environment wherever it may be
- A number of flexible management capabilities that greatly increase operational efficiency without tying your hands
- A highly efficient core that provides lightning fast start up times and extremely low memory footprint
- World Class Developer Productivity – JBoss has always been about making developers more productive so they can deliver their applications quicker. EAP6 introduces a number of new features that continue to extend that leadership. This is supported by the following capabilities:
- Support for Java EE6 and other popular frameworks (HTML5, Spring, GWT, etc.)
- Major enhancements to tooling and testing through JBoss Developer Studio 5 (Also in Beta TODAY!)
- Support for other application lifecycle management tools such as Maven and Hudson
We encourage everyone to visit our Beta site (http://www.redhat.com/promo/eap6beta) where you can download the latest Beta build and get access to how to’s, documentation, demonstrations, and other collateral to help you get started fast.