Apache Solr is an open source search platform built upon a Java library called Lucene.
Solr is a popular search platform for Web sites because it can index and search multiple sites and return recommendations for related content based on the search query’s taxonomy. Solr is also a popular search platform for enterprise search because it can be used to index and search documents and email attachments.
- Indexing in near real time
- Automated index replication
- Server statistics logging
- Automated failover and recovery
- Rich document Parsing and indexing
- Multiple search indexes
- User-extensible caching
- Design for high-volume traffic
- Scalability, flexibility and extensibility
- Advanced full-text searching
- Geospatial searching
- Load-balanced querying