Regarding the session maintaining at the client side or server s

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Regarding the session maintaining at the client side or server s

1. Hi,
    I would like to know ,when using the stateful session beans ,the session is maintained totally at the server side.
    So is it necessary that when U R using Session beans,there is no need 2 maintain the session using HttpSession,cookies,URLrewriting et etc at the client side
    I wud like 2 know about it.can one solv e my this problem.

2. jane lets take simple case of authentication - first time user log's in - gets authenticated moves fwd next time again when you get the request - you are not intrstd to do the same job again i.e. authenticate again - so how do you tell that request is coming from same user ? - cookie / url rewrt'ng/ or if its a client program you send the session key and expect it back with next request.
      rem-ber for wireless url rewrt'ng is the way to go
  3. Ok i agree 2 your points mentioned.
    Yah i know about the session handling mechanisms URlRewriting,Httpsession,cookies,hidden from fields.
    Then where does the concept of Stateful session bean applies
    here.
    So ,if you are not using the sesssion handling mechanisms mentioned above,then you shud go for Stateful Session beans.
     Plz do calrify