Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens

Discussions

News: Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens

1. Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens (8 messages)

JSP Explorer v2.0 has just entered public beta. In support of the open source technology from which it was built, we are hosting free public read/write access to the Tomcat 3.x and 4.x Knowledge Bases. In short, the Tomcat Javadocs have had a database added behind them, and we have used this to add threaded discussion lists within the Javadocs, one topic per method.

Try it at http://tomcat.mslinn.com:81 - we have seeded live commented examples in the Tomcat 3.x Knowledge Base for the HttpServletRequest class. Please feel free to take what you need, and add more. You can also post sample problem code, to which others may respond with suggestions and solutions - again, with live sample code.

JSP Explorer was architected to support live program fragments in almost any computer language. This release is targeted at enterprise-class Java APIs.

Threaded Messages (8)

2. Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens[ Go to top ]

This is a great idea, not the tomcat knowledge base, but adding threaded discussions to JavaDoc.

Where can I find the software to do this?
  3. Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens[ Go to top ]

o, file not found:(
  4. Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens[ Go to top ]

So its port 81 - that will not work for many enterprise users.
  5. Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens[ Go to top ]

Yup. can't connect to 81. please move to 80.

Aslak
  6. Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens[ Go to top ]

Yup not able to open ??
  7. Guess what??
    I´m just behing a firewall. Can´t get there. Please provide new address.
  8. Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens[ Go to top ]

I tried it from home (no port 81 restrictions here), and got a chance to look at it. I followed the link to new JSP/Java and was so shocked by Mike's complete ignorance of what an insecure system he has. Anybody can write their own JSP in the browser and execute it on their server (!)

When I came over the shock, I took a look at the tool, which looks interesting enough. Before it is usable, the horrendous security holes must be fixed, and the UI should be more intuitive.

Cheers,
    Aslak
  9. Free Tomcat Knowledge Base Opens[ Go to top ]

I am getting Internal server errors.