JMS Provider Recommendations

Discussions

General J2EE: JMS Provider Recommendations

1. JMS Provider Recommendations (6 messages)

Do you have any recommendations based on personal experience for a JMS provider that "works good" with WebSphere 4.0?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Threaded Messages (6)

2. JMS Provider Recommendations[ Go to top ]

We've been using MQ with IBM's JMS implementation without any problems.
  3. JMS Provider Recommendations[ Go to top ]

Thank you David! That is good news! We will plan on evaluating their product. I am highly disappointed IBM doesn't have a message bean solution yet. I will be looking at a work around to this...asynchronous session bean calls... Thanks again!
  4. JMS Provider Recommendations[ Go to top ]

They sort of do. While WAS 4.0 does not support the EJB 2.0 spec, they have a kindof MDB solution. I think they call it WebSphere Enterprise Services and it's probably only available in the Enterprise edition of WAS 4.0. This might start you in the right direction.

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/enterprise.html

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, so I don't know how well it works.

- Dave
  5. JMS Provider Recommendations[ Go to top ]

Thanks so much Dave! I will check it out!
  6. JMS Provider Recommendations[ Go to top ]

I've used SonicMQ, FioranaMQ, and Spirit-Soft. I strongly recommend SonicMQ by Progress Software. Is a proven JMS implementation. Additionally, their support staff is simply awesome. They're willing to help anytime, anywhere. If there's a problem with the product, they work continuously until it is fixed.

I have no relation to Progress Software. I just think their product rocks.
  7. JMS Provider Recommendations[ Go to top ]

Thanks Dan! SonicMQ is on my radar screen. Have you used it with WebSphere?

We currently have WAS 4.0 Advanced Edition, so I need to compare WAS 4.0 Ent. Edition's solution (Dave mentioned) vs. the messaging products.

Thanks again!