where ro store java bean in tomcat?

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: where ro store java bean in tomcat?

1. where ro store java bean in tomcat? (3 messages)

hi, can anyone plz tell me where to put my class file in tomcat server. I am puttin in web-inf dir but i am not able to access it in my jsp file .B'coz of this problem i cannot run even single program in JSP.

Regards
    Sukhbir

2. where ro store java bean in tomcat?[ Go to top ]

You should have a "classes" directory under "WEB-INF". For your package, create the directory structure under "classes"; e.g., if you have your classes in the package usr.sukhbir, create WEB-INF/classes/usr and WEB-INF/classes/usr/sukhbir. Then, put your .class files into WEB-INF/classes/usr/sukhbir.
  3. where ro store java bean in tomcat?[ Go to top ]

put it where the classpath is set... the idea behind this is that it shold be able to find your clasfile....

if i m wrong please correct me...???
  4. where ro store java bean in tomcat?[ Go to top ]

The classpath is usually a set of .jar and .zip files, not directories. In most installations, the classpath is set by the system administrator and cannot be modified by mortals like us. The same goes for directories in the classpath. No sane administrator would allow users write access to a directory on the system classpath.

That's why JSP has the WEB-INF approach. It assumes you have full access to your application's directory and WEB-INF/classes is included in your application's classpath by default.