an entity bean connection problem

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: an entity bean connection problem

1. an entity bean connection problem (2 messages)

hello,
    I had an application wich worked perfectly,a tree-tier with WebLogic on middleware and Oracle at the back -end,
    but I made a change somewhere and since I have this exception I couldn't resolve:

java.rmi.RemoteException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is:
    javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is: javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: EJB Exception:; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot obtain connection after 30 seconds. , Exception = None available

Start server side stack trace:
    java.rmi.RemoteException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is:
    javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is: javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: EJB Exception:; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot obtain connection after 30 seconds. , Exception = None available

javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: EJB Exception:; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot obtain connection after 30 seconds. , Exception = None available

javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot obtain connection after 30 seconds. , Exception = None available

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot obtain connection after 30 seconds. , Exception = None available

at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Connection.wrapAndThrowSQLException(Connection.java:701)

at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Connection.getOrCreateConnection(Connection.java:623)

at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Connection.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.java:355)

at weblogic.jdbc.rmi.internal.ConnectionImpl.setTransactionIsolation(ConnectionImpl.java:283)

at weblogic.jdbc.rmi.SerialConnection.setTransactionIsolation(SerialConnection.java:336)

at weblogic.ejb20.cmp.rdbms.RDBMSPersistenceManager.execGenKeyNamedSequenceTableUpdateAndQuery(RDBMSPersistenceManager.java:1433)

at weblogic.ejb20.cmp.rdbms.RDBMSPersistenceManager.getNextGenKeyNamedSequenceTable(RDBMSPersistenceManager.java:1307)

many thanks in advance
  2. an entity bean connection problem[ Go to top ]

Hi,

The only time I have seen something like this it was due to a piece of code checking out the db connection from the pool and not returning it when it was finished. When the next piece of code in the same transaction requested the connection from the pool, the server was unable to locate the connection associated with the current transaction and threw an exception like the one you are seeing.

David
  3. an entity bean connection problem[ Go to top ]

thanks to you David Jones,
    I haven't revolved still the problem
    but I have located the bug,
    it has to do with the sequence table which WebLogic use
    for automatic key generation,
    without them it works fine