Connection pool Error while deploying Entitybean on weblogic 6.1

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Connection pool Error while deploying Entitybean on weblogic 6.1

1. Hi All,

I am trying deploy an Entity bean on weblogic 6.1 Server, i am getting the following Errors on Java Console and weblogic Consoles respectively,
    Can ay one out there tell me whats the problem..

Error in Java Console:

Setting Props
     [email protected]
     javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve look. Resolved: '' Unresolved:'look' ; remaining name '' at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicOutboundRequest.sendReceive(BasicOutboundRequest.java:85) at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java:255) at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java:222) at weblogic.rmi.internal.ProxyStub.invoke(ProxyStub.java:35) at $Proxy0.lookup(Unknown Source) at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:323) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:350) at CityClient.main(CityClient.java:19) Process Exit...

Error on Weblogic Console:
    <Jan 27, 2003 8:02:37 PM IST> <Error> <J2EE> <Error deploying application CityJAR: Unable to deploy EJB: CityEJB2 from CityJAR.jar:

The pool CityEJB2Pool could not be found. Please make sure it is declared in you
    r config.xml.>
    <Jan 27, 2003 8:02:37 PM IST> <Error> <Management> <Error deploying application
    .\config\mydomain\applications\CityJAR.jar: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowabl
    eException>

But in my config.xml Connection pool entry is there.. i can see an entry for JDBC Connection with "CityEJB2Pool"..

Please tell me what is the problem and how to solve the problem..

Thanks in Advance..
    shridhar..

Threaded Messages (4)

2. deployed ?[ Go to top ]

shridhar,

did you deploy the connection pool ?
    Go in the console to
    > Services > JDBC > Connection Pools > CityEJB2Pool
    You are probably in the tab [Configuration] on the right frame. Go to [Targets] and check if your server is in the <Chosen> list, if not to do by selecting it in the <available> list and click on the -> arrow.
    with apply it should work.

Dieter
  3. deployed ?[ Go to top ]

Hello Dieter,

Thanks for your reply, it worked..

Now i have some more questions..

1. Is the necessary that all the column names in the table should end with "Column", for example in my Bean if i have a variable name , which i use like this setName(String aName) and getName(), is it necessary that the corresponding column name's in the table should be nameColumn. because it is nameColumn in the descriptor file.

2. When i create .xml's with ant, the lookup name in the xml descriptor file is HomeInterface name (Home.java is the file name), but in the client the lookup i have given is city : ctx.lookup("city");, Can i change the lookup name in the xml file before jarring it and deploying it in the Weblogic server??

Thankx in Advance..

Shridhar..
  4. deployed ?[ Go to top ]

The column name in the database need not be nameColumn. Your bean variable name and the database column name should be mapped in the EJBean's descriptor file. Just change the column name in your descriptor file to whatever name the database has.
    You can change the JNDI name before you jar the bean.
  5. deployed ?[ Go to top ]

Hello Bharat,

Thanks for your reply, it worked..

Can U plz tell me from where can i get some basic tutorials, articles and some sample examples for JMS, i have weblogic 6.1 server. For working on JMS do i need to download ans install some separate setup of JMS is there built-in in weblogic 6.1..

Any help would be highly appreciated..

Thankx,
    Shridhar..