java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/xmlsec/xmlac/UserGroupReposit

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/xmlsec/xmlac/UserGroupReposit

1. I am getting this error when I am running my application. My application uses XML.
    This is line of the code where I am encountering this error.
    UserRepository ugRepository =
    UserRepository.getInstance("./Library.xml");

I believe there is some conflict eveloving with some xml...jar files! Am I right?

Waiting in anticipation,

-- Vishnu

<Apr 29, 2003 12:45:32 PM CDT> <Error> <HTTP> <101017> <[ServletContext(id=17181
    21,name=DefaultWebApp,context-path=)] Root cause of ServletException
    java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/xmlsec/xmlac/UserGroupRepository, method: get
    Instance signature: (Ljava/io/File;)Lorg/xmlsec/xmlac/UserGroupRepository;) Inco
    mpatible object argument for function call
            at Cmps565.docToHtml2.docToHtmlMain(docToHtml2.java:40)
            at Cmps565.Login2.doGet(Login2.java:38)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run
    (ServletStubImpl.java:945)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
    pl.java:332)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
    pl.java:242)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationActio
    n.run(WebAppServletContext.java:5360)
            at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServic
    eManager.java:721)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
    rvletContext.java:3043)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
    pl.java:2468)
            at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:152)
            at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:133)
    >
  2. This occurs when the class being loaded cannot be verified by the class loader. The library may have been compilied in a higher / lower version of the jdk and your JVM running your version of the jdk has problems dealing with it.

Try to get the library and your enviorments in sync.

You can use the -noverify in the command line arguments to see if that solves your problem

Raghu
  3. thanx[ Go to top ]

Thanx raghu for the help i cud find the answer to my problem