Marshaling Problem

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Marshaling Problem

1. Marshaling Problem (5 messages)

Hi All,

I am trying to serialize the Java object from Stateful Session Bean to the client. It throws NotSerializableException on the client with nested Exception as MarshalException.

Note: That class implements Serializable Interface and all its Attributes are also Serializable.

Can anybody tell abt possible reasons that can cause this problem?

Thanks.

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Marshaling Problem[ Go to top ]

hi,
       can u send me the relevent code. Then i could able to find out the cause for this problem.

thanks...hasan
    (ahamed at aztec dot soft dot net)
  3. Marshaling Problem[ Go to top ]

Hi,
    I can not send u any relevent code as it has got so many dependencies....

We have narrowed down the problem and we have found that it is actually java.rmi.MarshallException which is causing the problem when Object is Serialized and passed over the wire.

(After writeObject method call on OutputStream CommFactory is called....we don't have access to the code as these Classes are imported from .class files)

I would like to know what are the possible causes in CORBA that can throw java.rmi.MarshallException.

(I mean CORBA_BAD_PARAM............)

Thanks and Regards.
    Ambadas.
  4. Marshaling Problem[ Go to top ]

The BAD_PARAM message can be due to code version mismatch.
  5. Marshaling Problem[ Go to top ]

Hi guys,

Do you have any document which explains meaning CORBA_BAD_PARAM ?? does does number after that signify anything?(e.g. CORBA MARSHAL 0)

Thanks and regards,
    Ambadas.

6. Marshaling Problem[ Go to top ]

we found it gyus...
    and its because of dandgling recursive referencs in Objects which are serialized....marshalling goes fine.but when Object is demarshalled on client ..it throws Idirection Exception.