Problem with Oracle & Orion

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Problem with Oracle & Orion

1. Problem with Oracle & Orion (2 messages)

Hi!

I have some problems with Oracle and Orion. My operating system is Linux. When I try to install a program that uses Oracle database (The configurations in the data-source.xml are right) I only get followin error messages:

Auto-deploying ejb-dir (No previous deployment found)... java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc8 in java.library.path
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1312)
            at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:749)
            at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:820)
            at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:209)
            at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:200)
            at

and so on...

The path to the Oracle's database is also right because I have other java programs that uses it from the same enviroment.

- Erik

Threaded Messages (2)

2. Problem with Oracle & Orion[ Go to top ]

If I remember correctly, you will have to put your oracle driver into the orion's lib.

Put classes12.zip or similar to
    orion_path\lib

and it should be picked up when the orion starts up.
  3. Problem with Oracle & Orion[ Go to top ]

The error in plain text is that Java runtime is unable to load the ocijdbc8.so (.dll on windows) because it doesn't find it.

If adding the path to the library (usually ORACLE_HOME/bin) doesn't help, then try to put it using -Djava.library.path=... in the command line that starts the app server.
    Also there are app servers that let you define java properties using configuration files.