How to Modify SOAP Endpoints Using Workshop-Generated Client Li

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: How to Modify SOAP Endpoints Using Workshop-Generated Client Li

1. I am using Weblogic Workshop to generate the client library required for my Java client to communicate with the web-service running in WebLogic 8.1.

The soap endpoint (ie the URL to do the soap call) seems to be embedded within the auto-generated WSDL file and the library generated seems to make use of this.

Is there a way I can call the web-service hosted on another machine/port using the client library? I would be very surprised if I can't do this as this is quite basic but somehow I'm not able to figure out how to set this. I even tried decompiling the Impl and the SOAP class but to no avail.

What I'm trying to achieve is to connect to the same service hosted on another machine in case the former machine I'm calling fails. And I will also not be using a load-balancer or a proxy-server as this increases the cost.

Please help, Ben
  2. You could change the service endpoint by setting "javax.xml.rpc.service.endpoint.address" property on the stub. Refer to JAX-RPC spec for more information.