Error deploying to J2EE server

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Error deploying to J2EE server

1. Error deploying to J2EE server (4 messages)

I'm using deploytool to deploy an app into Sun's j2ee server. Right now, it just consists of one stateless session bean. The following is the error I am getting:

In console & UI:
    Deploy the application in E:\Projects\Mustang\deploy\mustang.ear on the server localhost saving the
    client jar as E:\Projects\Mustang\deploy\MustangClient.jar
    Sender object Deploy Tool : Deploy Mustang on localhost
    Remote message: Contacted Server....
    Remote message: Application Mustang transferred.
    Remote message: Mustang has 1 ejbs, 0 web components to deploy.
    Remote message: Deploying Ejbs....
    Remote message: Processing beans ....
    Remote message: Generating wrapper code for Mustang Environment.
    Remote message: Compiling wrapper code ....
    Remote message: Compiling RMI-IIOP code ....
    Remote message: Making client JARs ....
    Remote message: Making server JARs ....

Error:
    There was a deployment error.java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    java.rmi.RemoteException: Error while loading JAR E:\Java\j2sdkee1.2.1\repository<snip>;nested exception is
    javax.naming.InvalidNameException: JNDI name 'java:comp/env/jdbc/MustangDB' for resource reference 'java:comp/env/jdbc/MustangDB' is not valid

What did I do?

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Error deploying to J2EE server[ Go to top ]

BTW, this error seems to occur no matter what I give for the JNDI name or the resource-ref name.
  3. Error deploying to J2EE server[ Go to top ]

Hi Eric,
    I think Ur JNDI name that specified in during deployment is not same as U specified in Client program.

A client program of an enterprise bean does following the basic tasks

1. Locate the Home Interface
        2. Create an Enterprise Bean Instance
        3. Invoke a Business Method

Locate the Home Interface
    1. Create a JNDI naming context.
         Context initial = new InitialContext();
    2. Retrieve the object bound to the name MyConverter. (This is the JNDI name you specified in the section, "Deploying the J2EE Application".)
        java.lang.Object objref = initial.lookup("MyConverter");

In the above coding, MyConverter is the JNDI name that I gave during deploying the bean.If U want to know how the bean is deployed and client code is written, then U can refer to

J2EETM Developer's Guide Getting Started

It is available in java.sun.com.

If there is any problem after going through this book and code, then U can post U r program here. I will try to deploy it.

Regards,
    Pranjal
  4. Error deploying to J2EE server[ Go to top ]

I'm not deploying a client; only the bean. In fact, I don't even have a client written. The problem is JNDI during deployment. In other words, I haven't yet deployed anything under any JNDI name.
  5. Error deploying to J2EE server[ Go to top ]

Hi eric,
    I think Ur bean is deployed suscessfully.Because from the message,it is clear that it creates the client and server jars.
    Now the error comes because, I think U have wrong entry in Ur default.properties file. The logical JNDI name in file is not correct Check an entry like below

jdbc.datasources=jdbc/oracle|jdbc:oracle:thin:@151.116.91.157:test

The jdbc/oracle is the logical name and the rest is URL.
    Since U are creating a stateless session bean, u don't need any database connection. In fact U can comment this in default.properties file and then restart the J2EE server.
    and try to deploy the bean. If it gives any error message after this let me know

Regards,
    Pranjal