I am currently developing EJBs to acces various DBs. What I was wondering is there anyone who knows a method in which I can call a remote C program stored on the server from a client. I need and EJB to invoke this C program such that a PICK database can be intterrogated for information.
- Posted by: dsfladfjadhflasjh sdflakdjfhadjhfal
- Posted on: January 11 2001 04:04 EST
I would appreciate any help.
Hi <funny name>... well yes you can, though the JNI API but that approach is not recommended due to restrictions in the usability of the EJB.
- Posted by: Mikael Forslund
- Posted on: January 11 2001 06:29 EST
- in response to dsfladfjadhflasjh sdflakdjfhadjhfal
As an aside, I would like to refer to a small but good article by Sanjay Mahapatra at Sun regarding EJB programming restrictions. Check that out for more information on what should be done and not.