XML white papers
are technical, yet business-oriented case studies on how organizations can leverage new XML technologies including XML Schema, XQuery, XML Data Services, SQL/XML and other technologies to gain a competitive edge. Stylus Studio provides the following XML white papers
in both HTML and PDF format for free:
- Using Stylus Studio to Deploy XML Data Services: An analyst report on how to develop legacy data integration applications through intuitive data conversion utilities and a powerful, integrated Java Code Generator that allows developers to create and deploy live XML data services based on industry-standard XQuery and XSLT technologies.
- Building XQuery Based Web Service Aggregation and Reporting Applications: An example XQuery use case involving XQuery for aggregating data from multiple sources, and then XSLT for transforming the aggregated XML into HTML reports, leveraging an XQuery editor, Web Service Testing Tool, and an XML Schema Editor.
- An XML Schema Tutorial: Practical XML Schema Development: A technical overview of W3C XML Schema Structures and Datatypes, as well as Stylus Studio's many XML Schema tools for editing, converting, generating, validating and working with XML schemas.
- SQL/XML, XQuery, and Native XML Programming Languages: Motivates the need for providing XML query languages for working with XML and relational databases.
- FIXML Tutorial: Working With Complex Message Sets Defined Using XML Schema: Investigates the complex organization and structure of the FIXML schema used in the financial industry, and shows how the XML presentation capabilities of Stylus Studio have a fundamental effect on a developer's ability to work with complex XML information in an efficient and meaningful way.