Legacy data integration with Web Services?

Discussions

EJB design: Legacy data integration with Web Services?

1. Legacy data integration with Web Services? (2 messages)

Hi! I'm involved in system design where current needs are as follows: * Integrate 2 legacy (UI & backend) systems with separate databases into 1 common API when those system have only some common data so that new user interface can be used also for the new product that is ment to replace old systems eventually * When this product is installed either legacy ones or the new one is deployed, so the new user interface would need to be compatible with all of them * If legacy ones are installed both systems need to be updated from one user interface I've been playing around with some ideas of how to go aobut this: * Do a Web Sercvices out of them 2 legacy data protocols (other uses proprietary XML, other IDL) and then combine them into another for the common user interface? * Do only one Web Service for the new system and then use looping of DAOs that are implemented for each data system to keep data systems updated? Any ideas are much appriciated since I'm a bit lost at the moment of how to go aobut to implement this kind of integration. And sorry about the weird discription of problem, but it is mostly unknown for me to ;) Cheers, Ari
  2. Hi, As I see, you can use the J2C to talk with your legacy systems. Let them intact and add the new functionality by accessing them through the J2C. As I see put J2C in betweent the UI and your legacy. Hope you got it. Thank you.
  3. Hi,

As I see, you can use the J2C to talk with your legacy systems. Let them intact and add the new functionality by accessing them through the J2C.

As I see put J2C in betweent the UI and your legacy.

Hope you got it.

Thank you.
    Thanks for your answer ;) Could you elaborate a bit how this J2C helps in combining the 3 separate interfaces (2 legacy one and the new unknown one) into a one common API? If I implement JCA Connectors and WSDLs for each legacy communication protocol it still won't combine them into one common interface. And that is my main problem at this time. I can't find a solution that would separate presentation totally from business so that i could also switch between the 2 legacy datasources and the new one when ever is needed.