Automated Java GUI Testing Tool Squish/Java Released

Discussions

News: Automated Java GUI Testing Tool Squish/Java Released

1. Squish is a cross-platform and cross-browser automated GUI testing tool for applications based on a variety of GUI technologies such as Trolltech's Qt library, Web/HTML/Ajax, Tk, Four J's Genero and XView. The new Squish/Java edition is based on the recently released version 3.1 of Squish and takes advantage of its testing framework while adding support for the standard Java GUI technologies Swing, AWT, SWT and Eclipse Rich Client Platform. Java classes, functions and fields are dynamically exposed as script interfaces in Squish thus enabling the development of sophisticated automated tests. Squish offers a testing framework with a choice of popular test scripting languages (Python, JavaScript, Tcl and Perl) extended by test-specific functions, open interfaces, add-ons, integrations into test management systems, an IDE that supports the creation and debugging of tests and a set of command line tools facilitating fully automated test runs. Similar to preexisting Squish editions, tests for Java applications can be automatically recorded or written manually. Using Squish Spy, verification and synchronization points can be inserted as easily as in every other edition by visually exploring the structure of a Java application. Squish/Java packages are available now. If you are interested in evaluating Squish/Java, or any other Squish edition, please visit http://www.froglogic.com/evaluate or contact squish at froglogic dot com. For more information, visit http://squish.froglogic.com. Message was edited by: joeo@enigmastation.com
  2. I spent some time to evaluate this product, first of all to get the evaluation license I have to wait a day, you cant get the license key strait from the web. I installed the suite and trying to build my first test suite. So far the documentation is good... When I try to create a first test case, it is not working. Seems there is bug in the software. Does anyone use this in your projects earlier and how good it is? -APK.
  3. Hi!
    I spent some time to evaluate this product, first of all to get the evaluation license I have to wait a day, you cant get the license key strait from the web.
    Since we got many non-serious requests we are not automatically sending out an eval for each request anymore but we manually check each request. We are located in Europe and process evals and support for about 20 hours a day. So if you send a request in the 4 hours where nobody is in the office, it might take a few hours until the request is processed. This was the case with your request and I just checked that you got a reply with the download details exactly 3 hours after you sent the request- not 1 day or 24 hours :-)
    I installed the suite and trying to build my first test suite. So far the documentation is good...

When I try to create a first test case, it is not working. Seems there is bug in the software.
    For any issues, please send a support request to squish at froglogic dot com. I saw you did that now, so we will have this issue resolved with you quickly.