I was porting an enterprise solutions from WAS 5.x to WAS6.x, I used RSA 7, the solutions consists of 2 enterprise projects, each of them having a Web and an EJB project and running on a separate server. Each aplication calls EJBs remotely from the other server.
For development easiness , I created the 2 servers locally(each one from a separate profile), the problem is that I'm always facing NameNotFoundException whenever this servers call each other, while instances on other machines(other cells) can interact with no problems.
Finally I discovered that this is a known issue in websphere and can be solved by adding the JVM custom property com.ibm.websphere.orb.uniqueServerName with the value true.
-for detailed steps:
under the "Two servers with the same name running on the same host are being used to interoperate" section.
I'm posting this because it took to much time from me to get there. Hope it helps.