Sharing JTA transactions with JMS transactions

Discussions

General J2EE: Sharing JTA transactions with JMS transactions

1. Dear jBossuser,
    I've read about JMS transactions and I wonder if it's possible the sharing JTA transactions with JMS transactions as a single unit. Are there any container that allow it?

just a favour, where can I find a basic JMS transacted example ?
    Thanks a lot
    Francesco
  2. WebSphere 3.5.3 and IBM MQ/JMS 5.2 support coordinated transactions. The IBM MQ documentation provides several samples.
  3. This is all quite complex, but, in THEORY, if both the JMS and other things supporting JTA are XA compliant then you are sorted.

BUT, WebLogic 5.1.0 for instance does not use standard XA, it uses it's own proprietary method, which means it will happily transact between JMS and database drivers of it's own, but not someone elses JMS implementation. Actually it's more to do with the rather naff JMS implementation with 5.1.0, 6.0 is much better.

Chz

Tony
  4. I've read about JMS transactions and I wonder if it's possible the sharing JTA transactions with JMS transactions as a single unit. Are there any container that allow it?

Can you explain me what is XA, or give me some usefull link where i read some documentation?
    Thank's
     roger8