Is EJB a good choice for EAI ?

Discussions

EJB design: Is EJB a good choice for EAI ?

1. Is EJB a good choice for EAI ? (2 messages)

hi all

could anyone tell me more about why CORBA is said to be better suited for EAI(Enterprise Application Integration) than EJB ? what are the reasons that make CORBA more suitable ?

thanks

Threaded Messages (2)

2. Is EJB a good choice for EAI ?[ Go to top ]

Hi,
    I think U know where N Y Corba is used N where EJB is used.
    OF course CORBA can B used in place of EJB but not the vice-versa.

CORBA is the acronym for Common Object Request Broker Architecture, vendor-independent architecture and infrastructure that applications use to work together over networks. It uses IIOP protocol, a CORBA-based program from any vendor, on almost any computer, operating system, programming language, and network, can interoperate with a CORBA-based program from the same or another vendor, on almost any other computer, operating system, programming language, and network.
    i.e cross platform communication.

CORBA integrates machines from so many vendors(from mainfrmaes thru minis and desktops to hand-helds and embedded systems),it is the middleware of choice for large (and even not-so-large) enterprises. One of its most important, as well most frequent, uses is in servers that must handle large number of clients, at high hit rates, with high reliability. CORBA works behind the scenes .
    Specializations for scalability and fault-tolerance support these systems. But it's not used just for large applications; specialized versions of CORBA run real-time systems, and small embedded systems.

This is where CORBA can B used N
    EJB as such can B used in development of large Applications
    but not cross-platform(i.e)only java 2 java commn.
    So if only java2java commn is there ,then only one disadvantage is ,application runs slow coz of JAVA.

N using CORBA U can use any laguage commn with any other language N thus application will B faster.

N in this New business opportunities and strategies make the integration of business applications -

New & existing business - more and more critical for a competitive business. The challenge is to achieve integration in the diverse computing environment that is universal in business today.

You can see the benefits of Application integration most easily in the context of these business attention today:

Supply chain management
    Customer relationship management
    Enterprise resource planning
    e-commerce.

Thats Y CORBA is suited better 4 EAI.Ofcourse EJB is also not a bad choice.

3. Is EJB a good choice for EAI ?[ Go to top ]

Yes, EJBs are a good choice for EAI, but not alone! It all comes down to what you are trying to do.
    Since EAI often involves environments as UNIX, Windows(?), and mainframes, I'd suggest MQ Series (or some other MOM product) as glue in the EAI.
    Therefore you may well use EJB but only at application server level and intra Java environments.
    Just my 2c
    /Henrik Engstrom