While originally conceived primarily as a Java IDE, with NetBeans 8.1, Oracle proves that their open source development tool can provide top tier Node.js IDE support as well.
Part III in a series reviewing Big Data and the various solutions that have been built to capture, manage, and analyze it. This article dives deeper into data analysis using Hadoop and MapReduce.
TheServerSide considers itself pretty lucky to have Barry Burd, the best-selling author of Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies and Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies regularly contributing articles and tutorials about the various things going on in the IT world that he finds interesting and compelling. Here’s a look at some of the things that have caught his attention...
ZK 8 has both memory and response improvements; it is faster and lighter than ZK 7. If using ZK 8's new feature - Shadow Elements- the memory consumption is approximately one-third lighter than ZK 7 for 100 to 1500 concurrent users. In regard to the response time, ZK 8 is approximately 6 to 12 times faster than the previous version. We hope you will like the speed enhancement of ZK 8!
Spring Integration is an open source framework for enterprise application integration. In this course, you are introduced to Enterprise Application Integration patterns and how Spring Integration addresses them.
Some of the weirdest Java puzzlers that we had a chance to get our hands on
Test-Driven Development is a great tool for functional testing, but can you apply the same technique to performance testing? Why not? The purpose of TDD is to build out small unit tests, or scenarios, under which you control your initial coding. Your tests will fail the first time you run them because you haven’t actually developed any code. But once you do start coding, you’ll end up with just...
Apache TomEE makes Java EE fast and lightweight. We take this to the next level by using Boxfuse to deploy a Java EE application to AWS using a single command.
When I read Angelika Langer’s Java performance tutorial – How fast are the Java 8 streams? I couldn’t believe that for a specific operation they took about 15 times longer than for loops. Could stream performance really be that bad? I had to find out! Coincidently, I recently watched a cool talk about microbenchmarking Java code and I decided to put to work what I learned there. So lets see...
This course is designed to help you make the most effective use of Java. It discusses advanced topics, including object creation, concurrency, serialization, reflection and many more. It will guide you through your journey to Java mastery!
Over the past year or so there has been quite a lot of attention on finding memory leaks in a JVM. Memory leaks can cause havoc in a JVM. They can be unpredictable and result in costly performance degradation or even down time during server restarts. Ideally, memory leaks are found long before an application runs in production. Unfortunately, lower-state testing is often not adequate enough to...
Extracting Valuable Data from log4j logs with Virtual Fields
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.