This article is the second part of a two-part installment on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and the impact of SOA on operations and DevOps. This installment reviews the other leading SOA technology: REpresentational State Transfer (REST). SOAP and REST behave differently and have their own management challenges and this article will help you better understand those differences and...
Memory Leaks, bad coding, High CPU Usage, Stuck Threads, Problematic Database calls ...? Follow my How To Guide on how to find these top performance problems in your Java, .NET, PHP or Mobile App with the latest Dynatrace 6.1 Beta. We give you 30 Day Free Trial with an option to lifetime free when you give us some feedback!
Explore how Jisgaw modules are defined, and discover their benefits.
DevOps is no longer considered a fad by those working with the latest development tools. Now, DevOps emphasizes people and processes as much as the cool tools, and there are many different approaches to bringing them together.
Ever notice how software development projects seem to slow down when you add more people? It’s probably one of the only manufacturing disciplines where adding people and layers of project management makes it more difficult to estimate the timeline and quality of the final output. Whether you are a small team in the throes of scaling, or a larger team looking to overhaul your development...
In this article we take a look at what is a lambda expression in Java 8.
The complete guide for using jstack to debug live production servers
My fellow about:virtualization contributor Eric Wright joins me in our on-going "Devs from Venus, Ops from Mars" series with his unique Ops perspective as informed by the Meatloaf classic "Paradise by the Dashboard Light."
Implement a full registration with Spring Security and Spring MVC.
Don't get fooled into thinking that Hadoop is just about mapreduce.
This post will discuss a technique to reduce the burden garbage collection pauses put on the latency of your application. There are applications out there which have gotten rid of the constly Full GC events. Getting rid of major GC events is truly a complex exercise, but reducing the frequency of those long pauses is something every deployment can achieve.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Incorporating Google Maps to the Java desktop (28 Oct 2014) Rob Terpilowski discusses how he and his architect team brought Google Maps to the Java desktop.
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help developers make...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Choosing the right log aggreatator to mine your performance data (15 Oct 2014) To maintain and improve an existing system, being able to read and understand log files is an...
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Choose EAI tools as SaaS, mobile integrations grow (29 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, Steve Millidge discusses EAI tools that fit with SaaS and mobile integration...
- Glassfish community thrives; innovations update (27 Oct 2014) Expert Steve Millidge discusses how Oracle no longer supports Glassfish app server and looks at...
- Java pro digs into trends in IoT, mobile, Java 9 (24 Oct 2014) Java expert Barry Burd discusses trends in Java 9, mobile development and IoT at JavaOne 2014.
- What matters most in micro-services, REST and NoSQL? (23 Oct 2014) Jeff Genender discusses REST, NoSQL and how micro-services are changing how people are doing...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.