Tim Hall, Hortonworks' vice president of product management, gave us the goods on some of the things Hadoop is doing to make tuning Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) a simpler, more automatic process. Simple things like simply aggregating the Brobdingnagian number of different Hadoop related parameters into a single place is a simple but useful step forward, while providing SmartSense and...
This article is part II in a Big Data series and investigates various Big Data solutions that approach the problem of capturing, querying, and analyzing huge amounts of data differently.
Looking for the panacea for your reporting? Meet YARG (Yet Another Report Generator).
Review: Alerting, Log Management, Visualization, APM, and Deployment Management Tools
In this post I want to share with you four-five lesser-known yet pretty awesome command line gems. As an added bonus I will also advise the proper way to use shell under Windows, which is pretty valuable bit of knowledge in itself.
HTML5 is the newest version of the HyperText Markup Language that was developed in the late 80’s in order to describe documents that linked to each other. In it’s early days, HTML’s role was simple, to help describe a document’s structure and to allow cross-linking of documents. We discuss its top 10 advantages!
I'm putting together my 2016 list of conferences I'm planning to attend, and I was wondering if there was one or two that the readership might suggest adding to the todo list.
Microservice architecture is fast becoming a go-to solution for enterprise applications, but it’s not always easy to make the transition from an established, monolithic infrastructure.
NetBeans IDE is comprehensive and powerful, though not always as pretty as you’d like it to be, which, in turn, can have an impact on the efficiency and enjoyment of your coding experience.
Despite good intentions, redundant variables actually make your code dirty and difficult to understand
To be honest, I could care less about Redis Labs' Series B funding, but it gave me a good chance to talk with 'someone in the know' about what's new in the world of NoSQL, and to hear about the reaction to the Redis founder signing on with a commercial vendor.
Recently, I spoke with performance specialist Brad Stoner about how to fit performance testing into agile development cycles. This week, we’ll use this blog post to follow up with greater detail around performance testing automation and recap which performance tests are good candidates for automation. After all, automation is an important technique for any modern performance engineer to master.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.
- Hortonworks optimizes Apache Hadoop performance (27 Aug 2015) Hortonworks has recently introduced new products to help enhance Apache Hadoop performance.
- JShell: The new Java 9 REPL (26 Aug 2015) Don't miss an opportunity to take JShell, the new Java 9 REPL, for a test drive. An expert shares...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...