What is the role of a monolithic instance like the WebSphere Application Server in a modern software architecture? Has the trend towards lightweight architectures made the traditional application server a thing of the past? Simon Maple helps us set the record straight.
Decorators are used to extend object functionality without changing their interfaces, and there are two approaches: horizontal and vertical.
We've published a number of podcasts over the past few months, interviewing a number of interesting people doing interesting things in the industry. From distributed Hadoop clusters to improving network performance among your NoSQL nodes, there's something here worth listening to.
The ZK team is proud to announce the release of ZK 8! ZK 8 is created to present developers with even more powerful tools, allowing faster and more accurate development of Java Web Applications. It aims to leverage the advancing client-side power with client-side command binding and template injection, while still allowing you to enjoy the equally important server-side integration and security.
We’ve written previously how performance often still remains an afterthought in the test process – even at agile shops. But if performance is not the job of one lone performance engineer or an isolated team, can it be part of everyone’s job?Can the performance testing function become a keeper of a process, as has happened with functional QA? Of course! Here’s how to make that happen.
This week has seen the programming world gorging itself on yet another piping hot pan of FUD fudge, thanks to a recent missive to InfoWorld by “a former high-ranking Java official.” In an article titled, “Insider: Oracle has lost interest in Java,” Paul Krill laid out the main thrust of the email, which apparently carried the header “Java — planned obsolescence.” In an article titled, “Insider:...
While originally conceived primarily as a Java IDE, with NetBeans 8.1, Oracle proves that their open source development tool can provide top tier Node.js IDE support as well.
Part III in a series reviewing Big Data and the various solutions that have been built to capture, manage, and analyze it. This article dives deeper into data analysis using Hadoop and MapReduce.
TheServerSide considers itself pretty lucky to have Barry Burd, the best-selling author of Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies and Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies regularly contributing articles and tutorials about the various things going on in the IT world that he finds interesting and compelling. Here’s a look at some of the things that have caught his attention...
ZK 8 has both memory and response improvements; it is faster and lighter than ZK 7. If using ZK 8's new feature - Shadow Elements- the memory consumption is approximately one-third lighter than ZK 7 for 100 to 1500 concurrent users. In regard to the response time, ZK 8 is approximately 6 to 12 times faster than the previous version. We hope you will like the speed enhancement of ZK 8!
Spring Integration is an open source framework for enterprise application integration. In this course, you are introduced to Enterprise Application Integration patterns and how Spring Integration addresses them.
Some of the weirdest Java puzzlers that we had a chance to get our hands on
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.