In a recent survey on "Going Reactive" by Typesafe, in which over 3000 people participated, we look at the role of Reactive in the adoption of microservices-based architectures, as well as the 8 technologies preferred by respondents building and deploying microservices in production...
Development, Testing, and Operations are pulling together to deliver new projects and updates faster and more efficiently than ever before. Gartner predicts that we’ll see DevOps hit the mainstream as a strategy employed by 25% of Global 2000 organisations next year. DevOps promotes a set of processes and methods for thinking about integration and collaboration between development, testing, and...
Apache Hadoop is an open-source software framework written in Java for distributed storage and distributed processing of very large data sets on computer clusters built from commodity hardware. All the modules in Hadoop are designed with a fundamental assumption that hardware failures are common and should be automatically handled by the framework.
In this post we look at the solutions to the common reasons why a Gradle build might be slow. Doing unnecessary work, not parallelized build, dynamic dependencies resolution are all signs that you can speed up your Gradle build.
Do you love JRebel's class reloading functionality, but hate the price (and their aggressive marketing tactics)? Finally, there is a similar alternative.
Testing multithreaded code is a tough challenge. The first advice that you get when trying to test concurrency is to isolate your concurrent concerns in the code as much as possible. This a general design advice but in this case it’s even more important. Make sure to first properly unit test the logic that is wrapped by the concurrent construct. Otherwise you might spend a long time trying to...
These are the most popular design patterns in object-oriented programming, though some of them are actually anti-patterns, in my opinion
Docker Compose environment variable binding examples – Java, Node.Js, PHP, Python, and Ruby On Rails
Docker Compose Environment Variable Binding Examples – Java, Node.Js, PHP, Python, and Ruby On Rails
This article series is about containers. In this first article we start by reviewing Amazon Web Services (AWS) and discuss why it is a game changer!
In this article, we will explore how Java configuration could be used to replace the XML configuration in ZK Spring MVC and the convenience of using a new feature in ZK 8 – Shadow Selector – to control shadow elements.
JavaFX is the new standard library for building graphical applications in Java, but many programmers out there is still stuck with Swing or even (tremble) AWT. Here are a few tips on how you can use many of the new awesome features in the JavaFX toolkit to build reactive and fast applications!
In this post we look into the essential information about Java 8 streams and how you should think about them, and how you should use them.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.