It's a very common misconception that good programmers write code that's always bug-free. However, I think I agree with it.
CUBA Platform is the way of rapid enterprise software development
Logentries offers a variety of ways to get logs out of your containerized environment, including our Linux Agent, application plugin libraries, and Syslog. In this post we’ll cover collecting and forwarding logs via our Docker Logentries Container, which requires Docker 1.5 or higher.
The second part in a series of articles on microbenchmarking Apache Spark. This time we refine the performance model using dynamic and contextual measurement filtering.
What are the most exciting features that are expected to be released in Java 9?
How to use Jackson to break the infinite recursion problem on bidirectional relationships.
In this example, we aim to have a closer look at slideshows with HTML5. Slideshows are a good way to present a set of images within a part of the website. HTML5 doesn’t have a native tag or set of tags to make a slideshow, but you can achieve it using other provided tags.
This RebelLabs report covers typical Java performance considerations, monitoring and application performance management tools, Java profilers, and common performance testing libraries. We all know that there is no silver bullet in solving performance problems, and you have to choose your tools depending on the needs of your project. So, how do you decide which performance tools are most...
If you were to position ‘microservice architectures’ on the Gartner Hype Cycle, right now, judging from the drip-feed of cautionary articles making the rounds, they’d probably be poised near the summit of the trough of disillusionment. Today we spoke to Mark Little, who was in London to lead Red Hat’s Microservices Architecture Developer Day, for a best-practice flavoured opinion. What the...
The slides behind some some of the best talks at Scala Days
It’s time for a developer workspace cloud that you control. For free.
A case study that shows how to prevent cluster disconnects and data loss when operating the ELK Stack on Amazon Web Services. What tips would you add?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- OpenStack develops its own static code analysis tool for Python (18 Jun 2015) For OpenStack, necessity proved to be the mother of invention, leading to development of a static...
- When loose coupling and SOA style software layering doesn't make sense (15 Jun 2015) Loose coupling and adding in SOA style layers don't make sense unless an application is going to be...
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...