Free Book: The J2EE Architect's Handbook
This book is written for technical architects and senior developers tasked with designing and leading the development of J2EE java applications. This book will guide the architect through the entire process of delivering a project from analysis through application deployment providing numerous tips, tricks, and "best practices" along the way.
Download the FREE PDF
The J2EE Architect's Handbook
“The J2EE Architect's Handbook can justifiably be considered to be the "bible" for J2EE based application designers...
Continue Reading This Article
Enjoy this article as well as all of our content, including E-Guides, news, tips and more.
and project managers.” -- The Midwest Book Review (7/2/2004).
“Derek Ashmore has assembled a 'must have' book for anyone working with Java and/or J2EE applications.” -- Dan Hotka, Author/Instructor
“The J2EE Architect's Handbook is a must have for experienced architects and budding designers alike. It is concise, to the point, and packed with real world code examples that reinforce each concept. Today's J2EE teams would do well to keep a copy at each designer's fingertips” -- Ross MacCharles, Lead Technical Architect.
This book is written for technical architects and senior developers tasked with designing and leading the development of J2EE java applications. This book will guide the architect through the entire process of delivering a project from analysis through application deployment providing numerous tips, tricks, and “best practices” along the way.
Readers will discover how to:
- Design J2EE applications so that they are robust, extensible, and easy to maintain.
- Apply commonly used design patterns effectively
- Identify and address application architectural issues before they hinder the development team
- Document and communicate the application design so that the development team’s work is targeted
- Avoid common mistakes that derail project budgets and timelines.
- Guide the development team through the design and construction process.
- Setup effective procedures and guidelines that increase stability and decrease bug reports
- Effectively estimate needed resources and timelines
Derek Ashmore is the managing consultant and CTO for Delta Vortex Technologies (dvt.com). He routinely provides consulting services for companies designing and developing commercial web applications. Derek has over 15 years experience and is currently focusing on Java, J2EE, and other internet-related technologies.
Derek is widely published with most recent publications including articles in JavaPro and the Java Developers Journal. Derek can be reached at [email protected] More information about Derek can be found at his web site: DerekAshmore.com