At some point you’ve probably heard the term “test early and often.” If you are in an Agile organization, that term perfectly captures the philosophy of iterative development and the commitment to rooting out defects sooner rather than later.
This article reviews the tenants underscoring Google’s Big Table paper and presents HBase as an open source implementation of Big Table. It also reviews the four-dimensional data model that HBase exposes and the two ways that you can access data in HBase: as a key/value store or by using MapReduce.
How to to simpler conversions from Entities to DTOs and back in a Spring REST API.
CUBA Platfrom brings new features with the next 6.0 release.
As a performance tester, you must constantly be preparing for the latest the web has to offer. We thought we’d provide some tips on how to conduct performance testing on newer technologies, so you can stay one step ahead of the curve.
In the last years Apache Maven has become the de-facto build tool for Java and Java EE projects. But from two years back Gradle is gaining more and more users. In this post you are going to see how to use Gradle for Java EE projects.
What is the role of a monolithic instance like the WebSphere Application Server in a modern software architecture? Has the trend towards lightweight architectures made the traditional application server a thing of the past? Simon Maple helps us set the record straight.
Decorators are used to extend object functionality without changing their interfaces, and there are two approaches: horizontal and vertical.
We've published a number of podcasts over the past few months, interviewing a number of interesting people doing interesting things in the industry. From distributed Hadoop clusters to improving network performance among your NoSQL nodes, there's something here worth listening to.
The ZK team is proud to announce the release of ZK 8! ZK 8 is created to present developers with even more powerful tools, allowing faster and more accurate development of Java Web Applications. It aims to leverage the advancing client-side power with client-side command binding and template injection, while still allowing you to enjoy the equally important server-side integration and security.
We’ve written previously how performance often still remains an afterthought in the test process – even at agile shops. But if performance is not the job of one lone performance engineer or an isolated team, can it be part of everyone’s job?Can the performance testing function become a keeper of a process, as has happened with functional QA? Of course! Here’s how to make that happen.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.