At Logentries, we feel strongly about the power of log data and the unparalleled role that logs can play in effective end-to-end system monitoring. Yet we feel it also important to recognize how other monitoring approaches can further supplement a log monitoring solution to provide even greater, actionable insight into system performance. One such approach is Application Performance Management...
How to create robust and failure-resistant software - by making it fragile and fail fast, despite intuitive desire to make it fail safe.
How to make sense of your stack trace and solve errors faster
A secure Remember Me solution with Spring Security - using a token persisted in the database.
You can never be too careful. Security is on everyone’s mind. Not too long ago, we talked about how beefed up security impacts load testing and we want to continue the conversation. How do you keep yourself and your company safe in the age of industrial and state-sponsored hacking?Here are a few things you must know.
It is now possible to install a multi-node Codenvy On-Prem and Eclipse Che using Docker.
Although it might feel like you just got round to downloading 8u51, Oracle have just pushed out the latest update for Java – 8u60 – which is now available to download. Whilst this release is largely bug fixes, there have also been some tunings to Nashorn and changes in Deployment Rule Set v1.2.
A properly designed method in object-oriented software must have a single return statement — and nothing but a return statement.
This article is about extending Continuous Integration to perform more robust tests so that we can have more confidence in our deployment, namely it introduces automated code performance and memory tests as well as scalability testing.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to develop a RESTful web application by using Spring and MongoDB without implementing boring uniform controllers.
ZK, a popular Java Web Framework, has performed a polling to its community, in order to learn how Microsoft Edge will affect Web development in the next several months.
In this article, I'll quickly review the evolution of log management in recent years, describe our own personal experiences analyzing our logs and metrics and share my six main considerations for log analytics in the cloud.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Oracle takes ALM to the cloud with the Java SE Cloud Service (27 Oct 2015) Optimized for the cloud, at JavaOne2015, Oracle has announced the Java SE Cloud Service and a new...
- Celebrating 20 years of Java technology at JavaOne 2015 (26 Oct 2015) Twenty years is a pretty significant milestone, especially if you're a programming language. At...
- Performance upgrades and feature enhancements typify incremental Java releases (28 Oct 2015) There may not have been a major Java release since last year, but at JavaOne2015, there are still...
- Life beyond the JavaOne sessions: Mastering life in San Francisco (15 Oct 2015) You won't spend every moment at JavaOne in a session, so here is some advice from Barry Burd on how...
- Barry Burd's guide to the best sessions to attend at JavaOne 2015 (15 Oct 2015) Going to JavaOne this year? Wondering which sessions to attend? Conference veteran Barry Burd is...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Productivity tools in growing lightweight architectures (06 Oct 2015) ZeroTurnaround developer advocate Simon Maple discussed the most important productivity tools,...
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- XRebel changes application performance monitoring tools (25 Sep 2015) In this podcast, ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni Kabanov discusses how XRebel differentiates itself from...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.