We're continuing to launch new and interesting series for our company blog. This week we're launching The Tech Stalwarts series, a set of interviews with unsung heroes and luminaries in our industry. This week to kick off the series we're really pleased to have Donald Raab from Goldman Sachs talk about GS Collections.
By default, HTTPS / SSL is not configured and enabled in Tomcat Web server. SSL setup is required to make your web application accessible over HTTPS protocol. This post will guide you to configure SSL in Tomcat 7 Web server.
When up to 50% of sales is expected from online mobile shoppers you would think that the big eCommerce sites have optimized their sites. A closer look shows though that some of them don't even follow the simplest best practices. Learn from their mistakes and make your mobile web site better!
Excelsior JET Charity Bundles are available under "pay what you can" terms until Christmas, with net proceeds going to local charity that supports kids with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
Build Android application package file (APK) using Eclipse IDE and Android Developer Tools (ADT) Plugin
Android application package file (APK) is program binary used to distribute and install Android application onto the Android operating system. Here we'll see step by step procedure of creating .apk file ready to be installed in Android device.
Have you ever thought of using your Unit Tests for Performance and Architecture Validation? Looking at metrics like the number of exceptions, SQL statements or web service calls for your automated tests allows you proactively identify performance and scalability problems. In this article we show how we detect problems automatically using Jenkins before hitting production.
"InterPortlet communication - Best Practices Matrix" allows to choose best practice for various use cases of IPC.
With apps running on multiple instances on Amazon's EC2, stuff spinning up and shutting down constantly, and just the ever-increasing complexity of applications you're probably finding that managing tags and alerts in your log management solution is getting unwieldy. Well today we've got a solution! Find out how you can manage all of your tags and alerts, across all your logs, centrally and...
This extended RebelLabs article covers the memory layout structure of class and objects, and how to get yourself direct memory access by using Unsafe class - sun.misc.Unsafe.
A security services company uses MapR HBase to calm a data flood. The software drops JVMs to gain better performance. No "Java Inside" stickers here.
We are happy to announce the release of logFaces v4 with many new features and improvements.
The known java static analysis tools could report thousands of violations, and this post decribe a way to xploit better their results.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- NTT America, Inc., an NTT Communications company
- The SnapLogic Integration Cloud: A Technical Overview (SnapLogic)
- Application Release and Deployment For Dummies (IBM)
- The Time is Right for DevOps (CA Technologies.)
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.