In this article we will explore the Java 8 default method’s feature in interfaces. The Java 8 says “Default methods enable new functionality to be added to the interfaces in libraries and ensure binary compatibility with code written for older versions of those interfaces”.
As we are extensively working on “OmniChannel” applications with REST APIs approach, mocking the REST services is essential in our day to day development. As part of our development first we are going to identify the REST APIs to expose and the request and response details. Once we finalize these details the backend development team use to create sample request/response (i.e XML/JSON response)...
For the last decade we tried to reach the magical 2 seconds response time goal but is this still valid? Aren't our users expectations different today? What is the impact of new Front End technologies like Angular.JS, React,...
There's no drama here in this release, or at least, I certainly don't anticipate any. It's basically the same great tool, but packaged in a way they probably wish the 1.0 release was.
Java Champion Markus Eisele (@myfear) has authored an introductory blog about Lagom and how to get started today with this opinionated Microservices framework...
TheServerSide has been a little Jenkins heavy in the past, and here's some proof. But that heavily tipped scale is starting to even itself out.
The cloud provides two major advantages to load and performance procedures that help testing teams better model realistic behavior: instant infrastructure and geographic location. Cloud-based load testing also lowers the total cost of ownership, increases flexibility and allows testers to understand the impact of third-party components. So you’re sold on using the cloud; here’s what you should...
Interfaces must be small and "functionality poor". InputStream in Java is a perfect example of a bad design, that violates that simple rule.
Everything you need to know about Java EE and its current status
Learn from the experts: watch some of the best Java videos available online
The new Date/Time API was one of the long pending request from the Java developer community. As the existing Date related API is not developer friendly. With the older versions of Java we used third party date time libraries like Joda-Time. As part of Java 8, the implementation of JSR 310 lead by Joda-Time author Stephen Colebourne along with Oracle provided Date and Time API. This will be...
This article walks through creating a custom Docker image that adds an application to a base container image and creating a custom container image.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...