Ever wanted to start your web project from scratch, but never knew how and where to find the right tools? Well, you’re in the right place.
Wouldn't it be great to support good ol' primary research AND Devoxx4Kids? You can do just that by completing Reactive Revealed 2015, a 5-minute (engineer verified) survey that asks about the relevance of the tools, architectures, practices and opinions related to Reactive application development to your project.
Arquillian Cube is an Arquillian extension that can be used to manage Docker containers from Arquillian. Basically it starts all Docker containers required for your tests, deploys the application (or micro-application) which can be Java based or not, runs the tests and finally stops all of them.
In this post we look at the solutions to the common reasons why a Maven build might be slow. Serial build, not parallelized tests, doing unnecessary work are all signs that you can speed up your Maven build.
Containers, containers everywhere but no containment to be seen.
If you’ve been in the software world for a while now, you know the idea of introducing a lite application isn’t exactly new or uncommon. However, it’s often done for different reasons. A free version can be used as a giveaway to attract new users while an easy-to-use version is perfect for novices. Likewise, single-purpose versions may be made to isolate and streamline a specific portion of...
Take a closer look at some of the common challenges of performance testing microservices, explore best practices for testing your microservices, and explain how you can monitor the performance of your microservices in production.
In the midst of Docker’s meteoric rise and the explosion of talk around containers, it can be easy to lose oneself in all of the new terminology and jargon. While we think about the challenges presented by using containers in production, we also continue to hear the metaphor of Pets vs. Cattle and why it’s important to maintain an infrastructure that acts like a herd of cows.
What are the pros and cons of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack and Fabric?
A prototype is what a software project starts from; this article explains the nine critical steps in the process of its creation
it’s time to turn our eyes to the future for a bird’s-eye view of what’s coming in Java EE 8, which will run in alignment with Java SE 8. As David Delabassee commented at Devoxx UK 2015, a lot has changed since the transition from J2EE, and the reinvention is continuing with this upcoming release. Although it’s very early days still, there are a few concrete specifics in place. Delabassee...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...